1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Kent Hovind KJV

Discussion in 'Bible Versions & Translations' started by jbh28, Jan 10, 2014.

1. prophet

prophet Active Member
    Site Supporter

No, you missed the point. Thy pitched it before they published it. The "sold Evangelical Christianity" on it, before they put it out for public consumption.

2. prophet

prophet Active Member
    Site Supporter

My only beef with KH, over citing Mrs.Riplinger, is that she is a she.
    You should have seen the Chancellor, of her Alma Mater, the nigt she received her honorary PHD in English Lit. trying to figure out how to shut her up. She went on like someone who expects to be forcibly removed at any moment.

3. franklinmonroe

franklinmonroe Active Member

Quite right, I didn't get that. So, what specific event in 1875 is referenced as the selling of the W-H NT? They had worked on it for over 20 years by that year (clearly they would have had 'pitched' their ideas long before that).

#43 franklinmonroe, Jan 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2014
  4. franklinmonroe

franklinmonroe Active Member

#44 franklinmonroe, Jan 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2014
  5. prophet

prophet Active Member
    Site Supporter

They started "prepping the market= early purposefully hiding their "unorthodoxy" until after the Greek NT was released.

6. prophet

prophet Active Member
    Site Supporter

7. Logos1560

Logos1560 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are misinformed. A PHD degree is an earned degree, and it is not a honorary degree. A honorary degree is not correctly and properly called a PHD.

Jack Hyles at Hyles Anderson College gave Gail Riplinger a honorary doctor's degree. Since Riplinger was not a graduate of Hyles Anderson College, it was not her Alma Mater.

Gail Riplinger is said to be a graduate of Kent State University with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Interior Design, a Master of Arts degree in Home Economics, and a Master of Fine Arts degree.

8. prophet

prophet Active Member
    Site Supporter

Thanks for the corrections. I hate to be in error about anything. I'm glad you didn't just let me go on looking like an idiot.
    I was there, when Dr. Rips was awarded her h.d. I never knew she wasn't a grad.
    That was a long painful night.