1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Kentucky governor tells county clerks: Do your jobs or get fired

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Zaac, Jul 10, 2015.

1. targus

targus New Member

For those who say that someone should be forced to do something against their conscience such as issuing the paperwork for SSM...

Would you of the same opinion if say a government application was needed in order to obtain an abortion?

Would you also say that all government workers should just do their job and issue the abortion permits or quit their job?

2. JohnDeereFan

JohnDeereFan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I would do everything asked of me up to the point where I would be required to sin or to affirm sin.

At that point, I would politely say "No" and explain why.

3. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    You were talking about hypothetical situations. Are you so blind not to see that these situations are not hypothetical? Do you really have your head that far in the sand? This is the problem with people like you - it's always hypothetical. When faced with real life situations you take the defense of "I was speaking hypothetically"!!! What a cowardly and foolish path you take: you make bold statements, but when confronted with real situations your defence is you were only speaking hypothetically....only playing pretend...all make believe. Good grief...man up.

#43 JonC, Jul 11, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 11, 2015
  4. JohnDeereFan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You said "If you believe it is unchristian to do a certain task required by your position". That's a reference to a hypothetical situation.

I merely responded to your premise.

Better than having my head up my fourth point of contact, like you.

And I already quoted your post, showing that you're the one who referred to a hypothetical situation.

Actually, I didn't say that. I pointed out that you brought up a hypothetical situation and then demonstrated it by quoting your post.

And you have repeatedly lied about what I said.

Actually, you're the one who brought up a hypothetical situation.

Yeah, congratulations on being able to get married now.

And in case anybody missed it, here's his own words again:

Note the words "If you believe..." and "a certain task". Hypothetical.

5. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    What I am referring to is your statements applied to reality. You said "I don't care" .... "I was speaking hypothetical." In your hypothetical world I am sure you have a valid hypothetical view. But here in reality things work differently from fantasy land. Here in reality I left a job for similar reasons, people are struggling with the issue, American and Christian are not blended terms and no one seems too concerned about your hypothetical world. Maybe you should see if someone will make a "let's play pretend" forum for you to express your hypothetical opinions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#45 JonC, Jul 11, 2015
  6. JohnDeereFan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Once again, Princess:

"If you believe..." + "...a certain task" = hypothetical.

7. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yet you run like a child when faced with the application of your opinion. Your hypothesis fails the test in reality.

Hey, this is mildly fun, but I have real man work to do I'll check back later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#47 JonC, Jul 11, 2015
  8. Use of Time

Use of Time Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    JDF

Forget marriage licenses, you need to figure out how to have a conversation with a brother in Christ without turning into a mean spirited lunatic every time a conversation doesn't go your way. The Bible isn't a menu you know. It's kind of hilarious to listen to your passionate views on taking a stand against marriage licenses while you hurl insults at fellow believers.

9. JohnDeereFan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Waste of time, what do you think about his repeated lying and name calling?

What do you think about his "we have to take a stand for Christ" pitch, while lying about me and calling me names?

Sounds like a double standard to me, Waste Of Time.

10. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That you provoked. He made every effort to remain cordial with you but you responded as you usually do...childishly.

11. JohnDeereFan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And you be sure to keep up that hypocrisy. You're a great cautionary tale.

12. JohnDeereFan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    How did I provoke his lying?

13. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Here is our first interaction on this thread.
    That led to this:
    And of course post# 49 where JohnDeerFan accused me of pedophilia. (the post, and my reply, are gone. I have a screenshot of the original post and am not sure why my response was deleted).

#53 JonC, Jul 11, 2015
  14. JohnDeereFan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I notice you chose not to begin at the beginning?

Why begin with my first response without being honest enough to begin with the post I was responding to?

Also, I notice that you quoted one of my posts where I responded to your name calling in kind, but then chose not to quote your posts in which you engaged in name calling.

Funny how you only quote the posts you think you can use to make me look bad, but you don't post any of your own name calling or lies about me.

But I guess as many times as you've lied about me in this thread, one more shouldn't hurt, right?

And then, I thought you said you were going to bow out. I guess that's yet another lie.

#54 JohnDeereFan, Jul 11, 2015
  15. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    That was the beginning of our interaction. The post that you responded to was not directed to you, but here it is:

And no, JDF, I did not respond to you "in kind." Look through the posts and point out one instance where I said you had your head up your "forth point of contact," implied that your were gay and "could get married now," or that if I were a child "you'd be trying......." that you are a pedeofile. I did respond inappropriately and mean spiritedly, and I apologized for my words (and explained why I allowed my emotions to overcome my character). But I NEVER responded to you "in kind" regarding those statements I just posted.

I actually did. Had to work on an a/c unit but am back. I was not going to respond to you, but I noticed that your threads have been edited and ultimately removed (along with my response). I just stopped back in to make sure that others realize your character before engaging you in dialogue (that you did call me a homosexual, an idiot, a coward, and a pediophile for daring to disagree with you...yet you call yourself "Christian").

#55 JonC, Jul 11, 2015
  16. JohnDeereFan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, you did. And that was very big of you.

The problem is that, not only did you not stop, you actually got worse.

And, by the way, isn't it funny that when you apologized, I accepted it, but when I retracted a statement I made because it was over the line, you continue to use it as a cudgel against me?

17. JohnDeereFan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    For those who are interested, here are a few tiny little details Jon chose to leave out of his recollection of our conversation:

Here, we see the reference to the hypothetical situation he insists he never brought up.

Here, we see the first time he attributes an argument to me that I never made.

Once again, attributing an argument to me that I never made.

Not only dishonestly attributing an argument to me that I never made, but also the first example of his name calling.

Dishonestly attributing statements to me that I never made. I challenged him to quote where I said anything like this. He could not.

Yet again, dishonestly attributing an argument to me that I never made, even after I explained to him several times that I never said any such thing.

Ad hom.

Notice that he calls me "cowardly and foolish" for responding to his hypothetical premise.

Ad hom.

Again, here he is insulting me for responding to his hypothetical premise.

18. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why did you call me a homosexual? Why a pedeophile? I did refer to your path as cowardly and idiotic (which I believe it was as evidenced by where it took you on this thread) but I was not speaking of you. We all do idiotic and cowardly things at times. But you called me an idiot and a coward. I know you don't understand the difference, but it is there. Please don't insult me by trying to imply that I respond to you "in kind"...we are not the same "kind" at all. In fact, I challenge you to find one post where I accused another brother of homosexuality or having inappropriate relations with children. Let's just leave it at that challenge.

#58 JonC, Jul 11, 2015
  19. JohnDeereFan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I no longer accept your apology. It's clear that you were not sincere.

20. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He actually apologized, you didn't. You tried to hide it real fast because you probably realized it went too far. Nowhere at all did he come close to matching that level of disrespect but he still took the higher road and was the better man in the end. You are rabidly attempting damage control.

Whatever points you think you made in this thread might as well end up in the garbage as soon as you started using pedophilia as an insult. You talk Christian conviction out of one side of your mouth but then spew hateful and disgusting garbage out the other in the same thread. I don't always agree with JonC but at least he has this little thing called accountability.