1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Kerry is looking good

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by Gina B, Oct 13, 2004.

1. Pennsylvania Jim

Pennsylvania Jim New Member

Joseph scoffs at the idea of actuyally trying to outlaw abortion.

While his man in the White House holds a position similar to Clinton's, who said that he thought abortion should be "safe, legal, and rare".

2. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The rate of pay of security guards working for Pinkerton and other similar companies that guard our nations defense plants, including those plants working on top-secret projects, is close to and proportional to the minimum wage, and these guards receive no paid health insurance. For such people, a blown head gasket in the engine of their only car or a sick child needing to see a doctor can be immediately devastating, and therefore these people are extremely vulnerable to temptation to procure additional income at the risk of the security of the United States. Bush knows all about this, but he would rather be able to buy a BigMac for $2.49 instead of $2.69 than raise the minimum wage to protect the country that he and his family lives in. From my point of view, the United States is worth at least twenty cents, and maybe a whole quarter!

[​IMG]
    </font>[/QUOTE]Just how many people do you actually know 18 yrs of age or older that are being paid minimum wage?

No guessing here. Real people.

3. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Quite a number of working college students both on and off campus.

4. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Quite a number of working college students both on and off campus. </font>[/QUOTE]Sounds like a guess to me. Or maybe an assumption.

Real people you actually know, please.

5. Craigbythesea

Craigbythesea Active Member

According the President Bush there are 1.6 million Americans presently working for the Federal Minimum Wage (In many states it is illegal to pay a human being such a low wage, and, therefore, millions more work for the minimum wage in the states in which they live).

According to the IRS, 47% of the workers working for the Federal Minimum Wage are adults 23 years old or older, and not children or college kids.

But, of course, I can easily understand why you would choose to disbelieve Bush, and even the IRS.

Oh, by the way, welcome to the Baptist Board!

[​IMG]

6. Pine_Island_Mrs

Pine_Island_Mrs New Member

what justification do some people use to say it's ok for illegal aliens/undocumented workers to come over here and take jobs from Americans?

I know for a fact that here is SW Florida that the illegal aliens/undocumented workers are doing just that. How do I know? It was in the newspapers when many of their mobile homes were destroyed by Hurricane Charley and they were afraid to apply to FEMA for help because they were "undocumented". I also was at the church where FEMA apps were being filed and heard an interpreter trying to find a way to help them. Some of them, it turns out, could apply because their children were born here and were U.S. citizens. It was also in the newspapers that the nurseries and palm growers were pleading for them to get assistence because they were hard workers and needed to be able to live here so they could continue to work for them at next to nothing pay. I think this *isn't good*. This just gives the nursery/growers the ability to hire for way less than minimum wage while our own people can't support their families.

[ October 17, 2004, 09:04 PM: Message edited by: Gina L ]