1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Kindle owners

Discussion in 'Books & Publications Forum' started by SolaSaint, Dec 6, 2011.

1. SolaSaint

SolaSaint Well-Known Member

Hi all,

There is a Reformed Theology website called "Monergism" it has 32 free E-Books for downloading and most if not all are very good Puitan books. Check it out.

2. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

And if you don't have a Kindle, download the Kindle apps for pretty much EVERY device out there from laptops to cell phones!!! :D

3. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

4. SolaSaint

SolaSaint Well-Known Member

Yes, thanks for the link, I forgot. Just for that please have one of those e-books on me, no need to thank me, I just feel generous since it's Christmas season. lol

5. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

You are just too generous. What a saint!! :saint:

6. shodan

shodan Member
    Site Supporter

R.C. Sproul

I do not have a Kindle but I just downloaded R.C. Sproul's Holiness of God, currently free on amazon.
    When I clicked to purchase [0 cents] it told me I had no app for Kindle and gave me the link for my pc. All so simple that even I could do it.

With the app download there were also 3 free classic books, Aesop's Fables, Pride and Prejudice and ? i forget...

I did notice that Calvin's Institutes was available for 99 cents.

7. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Oh, there are WAY more classic books for free than that!!! I went to Amazon, typed in "Free Kindle Books" and came up with over 92,000 results!!! I downloaded at least 50 classics just the other day and decided that from now on, I'm going to read one classic each month. :)

8. menageriekeeper

menageriekeeper Active Member

Amazon is soo good about putting up free books of all genres that my husband got me a Kindle Fire for Christmas (early lol). I've had a kindle app on my pc for a couple of years already and yes I have one on my phone too, but thats for emergency use only cause it's rather uncomfortable to read on such a small device.

9. exscentric

exscentric Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If you go to kindle books, pick a genre and sort by price the freebies show first however watch they mix in a for pay one in the list now and then.

I presently have near 900 books on my kindle and all but maybe a dozen are freebies.

Actually there are quite a few Christian books but you have to sort through the "religious" genre which has a lot of "other" stuff.

If you run into a single book of a series, often if you open another tab and search for the series the whole bunch show up and are also often free.