1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

King James Version

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by Brother Shane, Jun 25, 2005.

1. BruceB

BruceB New Member

Pappy,
    There are Baptists here who only use one translation and Baptists here who use many translations. I think it is the arrogance on anyone's part to state that the translation that that person uses is the only acceptable version for everyone else. That is the attitude that causes the heat to flare up, not the fact that you prefer one over the other.
    Bruce
    PS I own hardcopies of KJV(2), NASB, NKJV(2), HCSB, NLT, and the Message. I have many more on computer program (ASV, etc.) Some I use often (NKJV, HCSB) others less frequently (NLT, KJV, NASB) and some nearly never (The Message), but find all useful.

2. BillyMac

BillyMac New Member

Does this mean you left the boards entirely??? I looked for a new thread started elsewhere on these boards and there is none by pappy. Gee, I sure hope he hasn't gone for good.

3. Brother Shane

Brother Shane New Member

Ahhh, you actually thought I would leave because of some people on here, lol.

4. Gib

Gib Active Member

No, we thought you left because you said goodbye, lol.

5. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

Nothing at all. </font>[/QUOTE]I am ultra-conservative---and preach from KJV---BUT---I don't have anything against anyone who wants to attempt to "follow along" during my preaching with their NIV's or NAS's if thats what they choose to do----I DO encourage folks something like

"Folks! It would be a whole lot simpler for you---if you just go out and buy you some cheap patent leather binded KJV---nothing expensive, expensive----just the truth that lies within----so it will be easy for you to see---and not have to guess---at what's being said!!! Now, when you get home---after Bible Study---you can get your NIV's or NAS's out and see if what the KJV's sayin' is so or not---but I believe that you will find for the most part---that the KJV "clicks" right along with the rest of the versions!!!

But---no---no problems with the KJV!!

Bro. David

6. Brother Shane

Brother Shane New Member

Guess I will have to start adding smilies..:)Ya thought wrong! Yuuiiimmmee here!

Oh, you know, B.B., I really like you, I do. I agree with everything you said on your last post..keep up the good work!

7. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Can you present any evidence that the BB is against the KJV? Any?

8. Brother Shane

Brother Shane New Member

look at sound D..yall bash him like crazy!

9. NaasPreacher (C4K)

Is Sound D the KJV?

Do you have ANY evidence that the BB is against the KJV?

10. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

Asking one to prove their statements is not a "bash". If anyone has done any "bashing" it is Sound. He has been edited a couple of times for his vitrolic speech.

11. Brother Shane

Brother Shane New Member

Um, did I say that asking someone to prove their statements is a bash, didn't think so. Read on.

12. NaasPreacher (C4K)

The contetnion of this thread is that the BB is against the KJV - looking for any evidence of that claim.

13. Brother Shane

Brother Shane New Member

My goodness. What makes the other versions better than the KJV? That is so crazy. They are both different -- But as a dear friend once said, this is all the things that have to take place before God comes back!

14. Brother Shane

Brother Shane New Member

"When an anti-KJV person calls the KJV "The King Jimmy" version, he will be warned and if he continues he will be banned. When a KJV person calls other versions "per-versions" he too will be warned and if he continues he will be banned."

Where is that in your user agreement?

15. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  16. Brother Shane

Brother Shane New Member

No, that is not the user agreement I saw when I signed up and agreed, sorry, Charlie!

17. Brother Shane

Brother Shane New Member

BTW, I don't go all over sites looking for "clues" into what I need to agree on. I go where my heart leads me and where Jesus leads me. It is like a money back guarantee in size 2 font on those commercials. It wasn't there when I signed up.

18. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "We reserve the right to delete any message, topic, to ban a username, IP address, domain name, or email address for *any reason* that we feel is deserved."

Paragraph 3, under USER AGREEMENT

http://www.baptistboard.com/postingrules.html

The reasons mentioned in the previous link are sufficient.

19. Brother Shane

Brother Shane New Member

How in the WORLD do you think you can delete my personal e-mail address, lol.

20. Brother Shane

Brother Shane New Member

Boy, I can see already Da' Shane will be having problems with some on here..