1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Kirk Talley

Discussion in 'Music Ministry' started by Brian30755, Nov 12, 2006.

1. Brian30755

Brian30755 New Member

I've heard of Kirk Talley, but I'm not familiar with his music. So obviously, I don't know a lot about him, and this may be "old news". But I received this e-mail today, then I went to his website and read his testimony. He is in my prayers.

2. gekko

gekko New Member

do you have a link reference from where you got this from?

3. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    This all occurred in 2003. It's very sad to discover someone who struggles with this type of sin. It's very hard to overcome, but it is possible.....just ask Dennis Jernigan ("Thank You, Lord")

If you don't know about him, he has also sang with the Hoppers and the Talleys (his brother and sister-in-law).

He wrote "He is Here" and won a Dove Award in 1992.

I pray for his complete healing.

4. PJ

PJ Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Kirk had been fighting an attraction to men years leading up to that point, but he never actually had any kind of relationship with a man. I remember the soap opera surrounding the news at the time. Kirk was terrible devastated when the media got involved.

Kirk's testimony is quite frank. He doesn't mince words, he just tells it like it is. He's back on his feet now, still struggling, but careful to avoid inappropriate contact with men.

Thank goodness Kirk had friends loyal enough to stand with him as he confronted his struggles and fears -- we should all aspire to having such devoted friends. For in dark times, believers are bad to bury the wounded instead of praying for them and offering help ...

#4 PJ, Nov 13, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2006
  5. Brian30755

Brian30755 New Member

Gekko,

I get an occasional e-mail from James and Betty Robison of Life Today. That's where I got the information I posted. But I also found it on their website at this link. (This link looks like it probably changes content often, so if you look at it a few days from now, it may be something else.)

6. bobbyd

bobbyd New Member

One common thread...and i don't mean same sex attraction either; people with ill, or even evil intentions, seeking to destroy the church. Makes me thankful that Jesus said not even the gates of hell will stand against His church.