1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

KJO ABSOLUTE PROOF that the KJB is NOT the Word of God

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by Craigbythesea, Feb 22, 2004.

1. Craigbythesea

Craigbythesea Active Member

Jesus never quoted from the KJV; He quoted from a "version" of the Old Testament that had not yet been perfected giving us an imperfect New Testament, even in the KJV. :D :D :D

2. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think that part of a doctrinal statement is totally wrong and will lead people into error.

Craig, you said a mouthful. Jesus never quoted the AV; He never endorsed it; He never said it was the only version; He never promised to wait 1611 years and finally (thankfully) give us His perfect Word.

Sad doctrine. Sad disciples.

3. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I know Skanwmatos & Paidagogos have said the KJVO myth originated long ago, but the current monster has arisen only since the 1930s. All their current chants, mantras, & buzzwords are of fairly recent origin.

God presented His word in English for over 500 years before this silliness came up. If these people would bother to study a little history, they'd see how silly this all is.

I think I've seen a "statement of faith" from a pre-1611 Protestant church somewhere. Perhaps you know more about it, Dr. Bob?

4. Orvie

Orvie New Member

"We believe the Bible was inspired in its origination and then divinely preserved throughout its various generations and languages until it reached us in its final form. By this we mean that the Authorized Version preserves the very words of God in the form in which He wished them to be represented in the universal language of these last days: English."
    Semantics...i.e.' we believe the Bible was inspired in its origination and then DIVINELY PICKLED...final form(pickled)...."