1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

KJV and NKJV Heb 1:2 God created the Worlds

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by BobRyan, Feb 10, 2014.

1. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Do the KJV - YEC supporters here object to the KJV in Heb 1:2 stating that God "created the worlds" through Christ?

Some have argued that the KJV/NKJV in Heb 1:2 is in line with current science discovering planets in the habitable zone - so-called "goldilocks" planets.

Others have tried to find ways to dismiss the KJV and NKJV from having any significance in the current science findings.

in Christ,

Bob

2. TrevorL

TrevorL Member

Greetings Bob,
    This thread looked a bit lonely, but I was not able to answer in the way you were suggesting. I accept the margin rendition of the RV that states that the original Greek is “ages”. Thus Hebrews 1:2 is not talking about the “worlds” in the sense of planets, but it is talking about the “ages” and I take this to be for example the Mosaic Age, and possibly the Apostolic Age etc. Concerning Modern Science, YEC, OEC, Th Ev etc, I take the position simply that God the Father is the Creator and I believe in the Genesis record of the creation of Adam, not a descent from Apes or similar. In summary I believe in Creation not Evolution. One of the greatest evidences of this Creation is the ability of each species of animal and plant etc to reproduce accurately its own kind. God is the Creator.

Kind regards
    Trevor