1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

KJV and others: must have!

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by Aki, Feb 15, 2004.

1. Aki

Aki Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    hi guys!

i am a user of the KJV. but while i use it, i don't have any problem having other versions alongside with it. the KJV has it's share of imperfections, just as other translations. and nope, it's not perfect!

critical developments happened after 1611 (such as the added knowledge about the manuscript language and the discovery of "better" manuscripts), and honest and scholarly translators have contributed to the development of the translation of the manuscripts since then.

thus, while i mainly use the KJV, another version with it will not be a damage. in fact, they'll be of help.

critical selection however of other translations is also a must, for not all translations are worthy of consideration. every bible believer therefore has the responsibility to search, research, listen and have an open mind.

this article may be of interest for everyone. i apologize if this has been suggested before already. About the KJV

2. Forever settled in heaven

cooool site! thx!

the Question n Answers section was better than Sam Gipp's--by much!

3. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

That website was very informative. I am wondering what some KJVO's are thinking about what was written on that site.

4. Precepts

Precepts New Member

I'm certain, not very much at all and not worthy of consideration. Just another one of ...... [​IMG]

So? Did yall adopt the gospel of Thomas? the gospel of Mary Magdelene; the first woman apostle? Or did yall just applaud the single page and not do any further investigation? :rolleyes:

5. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, that would be a KJVO practice, not investigating. That's what got that whole myth off the ground.