1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

KJV Anniversary

Discussion in 'Bible Versions & Translations' started by Deacon, May 2, 2011.

1. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Did you read my post closely Roger? It makes me wonder if you actually did. BroJames was saying that the CT was "seriously corrupted" while I'm am sure that he and some others here think that the TR is as pure as can be. I challenged him on that. Wouldn't you? Poor taste on my part? No way. When someone states a falsehood it needs to be met head-on.

2. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Fair enough. There is no need to attack other versions or manuscripts while praising the KJV.

3. glazer1972

glazer1972 Member

I became a Christian in 1994. I was 22 years old. My brother (a deacon) and his wife got me a Believer's Study Bible NKJV for Christmas. I used that Bible pretty much exclusively up until last year. I sent it off to have it rebound last year. While it was gone I carried my wife's Cambridge KJV. I got the Study Bible back with the new pigskin leather cover and some new additions. More markers and blank pages in the back, etc.

While at Walmart about a month ago I bought one of the facsimile versions of the original 1611 (minus the apocypha). I read it some but found the ancient text block hard to handle. I later went and bought a KJV Pitt Minion from Trinitarian Bible Society at a local Christian bookstore. I am in the process now of reading it from start to finish. I guess the 400th anniversary gave me the excuse to give it a go so to speak.