1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

kjv bible

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by PraiseHim, Jul 29, 2003.

1. AV Defender

AV Defender New Member

Here's the answer:"Why seek ye the living among the dead?"

2. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

What in the world does the disciples lookign for the risen Jesus in a graveyard have to do with the texts that God has preserved for us???

You have just demonstrated again for us that the KJVO has an extreme disregard for the text of Scripture. They view it has a pawn that can be twisted or jerked around to fit their own whims. We should stand firmly against such disrespect and mistreatment of God's word as shown here. We should repudiate this type of handling of God's word with every ounce of our being.

3. Wisdom Seeker

Wisdom Seeker New Member

When you first used the term ruckmanism, you were using it to address my post. I fully disclosed that I had never heard of that termenalogy before. Saying that someone is NOT HONEST because they will not identify themselves as a follower seems well.... do you really need an adjective to discribe how that seems? :(

I've been trying to read all the posts on this thread to see if I can pick up some new insight on the subject. But it seems that it has degraded to "Nah ah" and "Uh huh" :rolleyes:

4. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Why would one consider the TR "living" and the dead sea scrolls "dead"? This makes no sense whatsoever.

5. Anti-Alexandrian

Why would one consider the TR "living" and the dead sea scrolls "dead"? This makes no sense whatsoever. </font>[/QUOTE]Hello!!! DEAD Sea :confused:
    They were found in a cave obviously discarded.

6. Forever settled in heaven

can't get any LOWER than that! [​IMG]

amazing how low KJBOs go--pun n all--just to argue their point. :rolleyes:

"obviously discarded"? i don't consider scroll carefully stashed away fr Roman hands discarded in any sense.

at least not as discarded as the *religion* of the Massoretes, how'bout that? ;)

7. Pastor Larry

Site Supporter

How can you be so irreverent as to call the preserving work of God an "obviously discarding"?? The levels to which you people will stoop to argue your silly little points is amazing. Will you address the work of God in such a manner without thought?

8. Wisdom Seeker

Wisdom Seeker New Member

Pastor Larry, I mean you no disrespect, but your assertion that they were "obviously discarded" is not a perception that agrees with most historical accounts or opinion.

The Dead Sea Scrolls are believed to have been hidden purposely , not discarded.

Given the time period that they are said to be from this makes very good sense. I'm sure if you look into it, you will see a great time of religious persecution and war.

So it makes more sense to me that the people who underwent this persecution would hide them in an attempt to save them from ultimate destruction.

It also makes sense that they did not hide them never to be retrieved again, but that given that their people were killed, there was no one to retrieve them from their hiding place.

Given that the people of the region, the Essenes all but disappeared from history seems to provide plausibility to the reasoning behind this school of thought.

9. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Let me repost my original question: Since the Dead Sea Scrolls are 2000 years old, if the OT writings of the Dead Sea scrolls disagree with the source texts of the KJV (which are newer), which do you give more weight?

10. Pastor Larry

Site Supporter

That was not my assertion. That was the ridiculous assertion of MV-Neverist. I was merely questioning how he blamed the preserving work of God on obviously discarding.

I think the dead sea scrolls are remarkable testimony to the Scriptures.

11. Ransom

Ransom Active Member

MV-neverist said:

They were found in a cave obviously discarded.

Yeah - "obviously discarded" wrapped in linen, sealed in clay jars and hidden away in caves.

Far easier than just burning the garbage, don't you know!

You gotta laugh.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

12. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I saw the fragments (some in the Shrine of the Book in Jerusalem; more in underground bunkers) and was in awe at thos scraps of papyrus so preserved so that God's Word could be there in front of me.

To imply them to be "trash" is low and vile. I am sure you regret those words.

But when you hold up a NEWLY INSPIRED Word in 1611, the old is just "trash", right? Why do we need the Greek or Hebrew? They must be interpreted and corrected by the NEW, the AV1611.

And we can't put new wine in old wine skins, so OUT WITH THE TRASH . .

Sad. Logical conclusion of "onlyism" sect. Still sad. [​IMG]

13. AV Defender

AV Defender New Member

Okay Bob,question:Have you ever explained what the word "Genizah" means to anyone? Has anyone ever asked? It would seem that "hundreds of great new finds" and a "wealth of material" have came from a "Genizah" in Cairo,and outside Cairo.

But where most(Romans 16:18) fail to tell the "simple layperson" is that the "Genizah" in Cairo is not a suburb,or a section of Cairo.But in short,is a word for DUMPSTER.

This "Genizah" is the temporary dumping place where dilapidated or CORRUPTED manuscripts were deposited,until they could be properly disposed of.

Here are three OUTSTANDING "Genizahs" outside the one in Cairo:

1)Tischendorf's dumpster on Mt Sinai.

2)Origen's jar(dumpster),where he found,corrupted,imperfect manuscripts that have been discarded.

3)The Vatican(Vaticanus mss.)library(Rev 17:9).It contains the largest number of corrupted "Christian" forgeries and fake "Christian" literature than any library on earth.

Every version from 1881 on is associated in one way or another,with the above "Genizah" versions.

Your right,it's time to "take out the trash."

14. Forever settled in heaven

Okay Bob,question:Have you ever explained what the word "Genizah" means to anyone? Has anyone ever asked? It would seem that "hundreds of great new finds" and a "wealth of material" have came from a "Genizah" in Cairo,and outside Cairo.
    </font>[/QUOTE]we know what Genizahs are--they weren't for trash! they were repositories where worn out copies of good Scriptures were respectfully stored (just like state flags) so that they WON'T wind up in trash bins.

c'mon, ask urself: is a dilapidated KJB a piece of trash? is that what u're saying? :rolleyes:

conversely, do u keep ur kitchen garbage in a genizah? u'd probably put it in a compost pile instead, a place where u prob wldn't wanna store things temporarily until further disposal. :rolleyes:

here's an example of a modern-day genizah: http://www.fortunecity.com/meltingpot/alexandra/849/geniza.htm ;)

Genizah refers basically to an archive of venerated writings.

therefore, if the Qumran caves were one big Genizah (n u have NOT proven them so), they are NOT trash bins.

so much for ur blasphemous KJBO theories; like a former teacher of mine says, a little learning is a dangerous thing. don't u guys know when to stop?

15. Ransom

Ransom Active Member

AV Defender said:

But where most(Romans 16:18) fail to tell the "simple layperson" is that the "Genizah" in Cairo is not a suburb,or a section of Cairo.But in short,is a word for DUMPSTER.

This "Genizah" is the temporary dumping place where dilapidated or CORRUPTED manuscripts were deposited,until they could be properly disposed of.

So you (1 Thess. 1:2) mean to say (2 Kings 7:4) that the Jews (Jer. 38:19) actually held the even corrupt copies of the Scriptures (2 Tim. 3:16) in enough reverence (Esth. 3:5) to not throw them on the trash pile with the eggshells and orange peels?

Too bad the KJV-onlyists don't hold a new NIV with the same regard, eh?

16. Baptist in Richmond

Baptist in Richmond Active Member

Wow: this statement really exhibits sheer intellect and insight.
    You need to educate yourself.