1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

KJV-only myths about the 1769

Discussion in 'Bible Versions & Translations' started by Logos1560, Jul 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bro Tony

Bro Tony New Member

Wow! Now it is the attack of the devil when other Christians ask first about someones stated belief on a discussion board or second, about his welfare. I really believe the above usage of Matthew 5: 11-12 cheapens the real meaning and the real sacrifice of those who have faced persecution for the sake of Christ. One can hardly compare their sacrifice and suffering to a discussion or even heated debate here on the Baptist Board. Let's have a reality check here and stop making false martyrs of individuals just because others dont agree with them. It is hardly persecution.

Bro Tony

2. standingfirminChrist

being accused of being under the influence of something because of their stance on a Bible Version is not an attack?

I have not seen william attacking the messenger here as he has been attacked.

3. Eliyahu

Eliyahu Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Dr Cassidy,

Interestingly Lamsa translated v 25 as Son of God. As you know he was an expert as far as Aramaic portion was concerned.

I am still checking Elah-in(3:25) and Elah-hon(28-29), Elah-ch-on(2:47), Elah-ch-om ( Ezra 7:17-8)

If you believe in Elah-ch-on is singular God, what is Elah-ch-om in Ezra 7:17-8?

4. Bro Tony

Bro Tony New Member

Brother SFIC,

I did not say it wasnt an attack, nor did i say that it should not be reported or dealt with. I said comparing it to an attack by the devil and the persecution of those referred to by Jesus in Matt. 5 is beyond the pale. No one is being persecuted here and no one is being attack by the devil for their faith. I really believe we need to stop making light of true martyrdom and persecution by those types of statements.

Bro Tony

5. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    He questioned the salvation of Robycop directly and then, in a later post, questioned the salvation of anybody who disagrees with him on this issue. It is the Devil, and Adversary, that questions our standing before the Lord. It looks to me as if the Devil has found a willing servant in William. :(

6. standingfirminChrist

I will go back and read these posts. But it is quite evident that many are also being used of the devil in attacking william.

7. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Mr. Correa:Why are you speaking for the King Nebuchadnezzar, were you there?

Because I read his words in Scripture. If you believe the Scriptures, you must believe those were Neb's words.

The whole world Knew the God of Abraham, Jacob and Issac they just didn't Glorify Him As God! Romans 1,2,

Mosta the world GUESSED at who is God. Many an American Indian called Him the "Great Spirit". They had no idea God has a SON. Those people to whom He revealed Himself were without excuse, as WE are.

8. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Originally posted by standingfirminChrist:
    it makes not sense for Nebuchadnezzar to see what appears to be a son of gods with the young men yet tell them that it was the most High God that delivered them.

Makes PLENTY of sense when we remember that Neb was as astounded as I, a steelworker who believes in and worships God, would be to see a Being swimming around in 3,000 degree F. steel in one of our electric-arc furnaces.

He could very will have said our gods decided not to fry you. Our gods had one of their own in the fire with you. But he did not. He say one like unto the Son of God walking in the midst of the flames.

No, he said one like a son of a god.

After all, the 3 Jews had juse REJECTED worshipping Neb's god, telling him why...that they served THEIR god & would never serve another. Thus, neb saw THEIR God was greater than HIS god. But he'd evidently forgotten whatever Daniel had told him about *THE* God.

And yes, He would certainly have known of the Lord God as stories of His delivering hand would have been handed down through history.

There's not one peep of Scripture saying that, nor any secular history. And after all, his army had conquered those people not that long before. He most likely asked, "Where was their god THEN?"

Also Romans does tell us that men knew of God but did not like to retain Him in their knowledge.

True, but not in the manner you're hinting at. The Noah family all had sure and vast knowledge of God, but mosta their descendants soon forgot Him & didn't pass any knowledge of Him to their progeny. However, Abram was especially faithful to Him, and God chose to reveal Himself to Abe.And we know his line through Isaac passed down that knowledge all the way to Jacob's sons. God had a line of believers, but still, mosta their relatives "fell away".

It has to be very agonizing to know that no matter how much one tries to deny and forget Almighty God, He is there.

But you must admit there are people even today who have never heard of God. However, WE are without excuse.

Oh the fear that must have crept in Nebuchadnezzar's mind and heart when he saw that fourth man walking!

Yes...but he could only GUESS at who He was!

Therefore, Neb said He looked like a son of a god.

9. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You cannot have Two masters! </font>[/QUOTE]But the one Master can have as many versions of His Book as He jolly well chooses.

10. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Mr. Correa (To Dr.C):Amen Then Why are you reading the NASB and Defending idiot oops it?

Because it's the word of God also.

A Double minded man is unstable in all his ways! The False Doctorines are in the MV's not the Word of God that's whom I'm reffering to.

Actually, you're guessing. Your guesswork is based upon "It Aint The KJV; Therefore It's False" theory.

The word of God needs not to be defendend! You Could instruct with that talent not destruct, I'm sure you are a Great teacher but how many teachers teach out of Diffrent texts than the pupils.

DC just said he teaches/preaches only from the KJV. Well, so did the late preacher/teacher J. Vernon Mc Gee, whom you've prolly heard on the radio. However, he was NOT KJVO, and neither is DC. He has stated many times he believes the KJV is the BEST English translation in his opinion, but he certainly doesn't close himself to any other English translation.

Paul said to be as he was and not learn from any other Gospel (Galatos: Whole book) Cipriano De Valera 1800's

There's a vast difference in gospels and versions. Many versions proclaim the same one and only TRUE Gospel.

DC and I have had more than one heated argument, but I will defend his veracity and his use of the KJV. The proof of his use of the KJV can be found by Googling for any articles written by him outside these messahe boards.

11. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    OOps!

Last sentence above shoulda read "these message boards!" I goofed, clicked "add reply" w/o proofreading.

12. DesiderioDomini

DesiderioDomini New Member

Standingfirm,

your post below was an absolute lie, and you know it. Why must you do such things?

If you think I said he was under the influence because of his stance on the KJV, then you either cant read english, or you are simply a liar. Based on your posts, I ruled out #1. I think he is under the influence of something because most of his posts make no sense, he constantly answers direct questions with riddles, and because he contradicts himself constantly.

I understand you may not see a problem in such actions, but those of us NOT arguing in a circle do. He has repeatedly been asked to back up the asinine claims of his, much like you were, and rather than do so, he made like the devil did against Jesus, and just twists things as much as possible.

Neither of you believe in God's word, or else you would have an answer for the hope you have. We ask you very simple questions, and you ignore them. Lucky for you C4K closed the last thread, or you once again would have ignored very simple questions. Now at least you have an excuse.

I will put this in caps here: WHY DO YOU CONSTANTLY REFUSE TO ANSWER SIMPLE QUESTIONS ABOUT YOUR CLAIMS?

I'm sure this will be ignored, and by now, everyone knows why.

13. standingfirminChrist

Desiderio,

It is funny the messenger gets attacked by you and others and that is allowed to stand without being edited out, yet when errors in the MV's are pointed out by us, offense is taken and our posts are removed.

Shows more and more that people in these last days are heaping up to themselves teachers having itching ears. Not willing to hear the truth, but rather get rid of those that speak the truth in love.

I still am trying to see where the christian love is in the attacks.

14. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

As this is well past page five and far off topic - it is closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.