1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

KJV only supporters...question for you...

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by doodlebug, Mar 2, 2005.

1. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Resent away, son! Anyone who believes a doctrine NOT SUPPORTED BY ONE VERSE OF SCRIPTURE is a "sect".

Note: We cannot use words that would be much clearer in meaning that would also be used to describe other groups who believe NON-SCRIPTURAL doctrines like the Mormons, JW's or SDA.

Be thankful.

2. azguitarist

azguitarist New Member

3. azguitarist

azguitarist New Member

TO place baptist on the same shelf with religions that have a false plan of salvation is ludicroius{or however it is speeled

4. azguitarist

azguitarist New Member

you are wearing a bow tie in the pic.shew me one verse in the bible where you can prove your preference,and since you cant you are now a sect and so are those who believe like you.lol the reasoning is flawed.

5. azguitarist

azguitarist New Member

The argument here is about "SECT" and therfore must be stemmed because it is not part of the question.

6. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Now there is well reasoned, well thought out, reasonable response.

Thank you for that succint contribution.

7. azguitarist

azguitarist New Member

your welcome :D :cool: [​IMG]

8. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Son (how old ARE you, anyway?) I don't claim wearing a bow tie is spiritual or a doctrine. I don't claim it is perfect or the only thing to wear.

Your sect does.

That is divisive and schizmatic to Christianity and a reproach on all of us who love and use the Word of God in its original Greek/Hebrew or in other good translations in various languages.

When you finish junior high, you will be able to understand a little more about logic!! ;)

9. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

You are not expressing a prefernce. You are preaching a false doctrine of secondary inspiration.
    That has nothing to do with wearing a tie.

10. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Looks as if Guitarist works for Armour, with a new post every 2 minutes. But then we aint seen too many paragons of erudition among the KJVOs, have we?

11. azguitarist

azguitarist New Member

Who is Armour? i am new here....

12. av1611jim

av1611jim New Member

Dr Bob said, "That is divisive and schizmatic to Christianity and a reproach on all of us who love and use the Word of God in its original Greek/Hebrew or in other good translations in various languages."
    The Anabaptists had this type of accusation hurled at them by the Calvinists, the RCC and the Lutherans of their day! And to this very day the Anabaptists are called a sect. Yet MANY Baptists will claim their heritage as being directly from the Anabaptsts.
    We KJVo seem to be in good company.

In HIS service;
    Jim

13. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    av - please give me a reference where the anabaptists were accused of dividing the church because of using a translation and demanding it was the only valid translation.

Thanks.

Oh, if not, then the parallel is moot. You may THINK you are being persecuted for righteousness' sake, but in reality, you are being admonished for ignorance and false doctrine.

14. doodlebug

doodlebug New Member

Well, sorry for all the ruckus I seemed to have caused....I know this is a controversial subject. I was just trying to formulate whether this was right or wrong biblically, and I see that it's a matter of personal opinion and conviction. I don't want the blood of any non-believer on my hands when it comes to judgment day, and I have to say that I honestly believe now that it's not so important about the bible version as to which missionary we support. I'm not sure how I feel just yet about sticking to only those who believe exactly the same way we do. I feel very strongly about the comment made by someone's pastor about being in a foxhole. I am not the enemy of any other Christian, but often I think Christians are each others' worse enemies. We fight with each other because that is the devil's way of distracting us. I appreciate the replies.

15. av1611jim

av1611jim New Member

Bob;
    You missed a word in reading my comment.
    I said they had the same TYPE of...

You, being a pastor, do understand types don't you?

The parallel is valid. and since when did you become a mind reader? I don't THINK anything of the sort of thing you are assuming. PERSECUTION? PHLLbPPsP! Admonish away to your little heart's content, ok?

"Here I stand. I can do no less."

In HIS service;
    Jim

16. Spoudazo

Spoudazo New Member

Very well said! [​IMG]

KJV only or not (I'm not), I would never be part of the Southern Baptist Convention. They can try to fix their problems all they want, but one of the first things they need to do is work on their unscriptural "missions" program.

17. Phillip

Phillip <b>Moderator</b>

Just to keep the record straight there are one or two of these funds collected by the SBC and Annie Armstrong MAY be one where ALL of the money collected for it goes straight to the mission field and zero for administration. All General Funds that go to the SBC supply them with overhead coverage.

18. doodlebug

doodlebug New Member

If you google 'annie armstrong', you can read about the mission program. It all goes through the north american mission board. From what I've read, the annie armstrong, lottie moon 100% support and none of it is administrative....of course, I could be wrong, but that is what I understand it to be. I'm thankful that I've come here, because it's caused me to investigate where SB sends the mission funds. This conversation has really opened my eyes. Thanks.