1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

KJV Preferred

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by Phillip, Jan 19, 2005.

1. Phillip

Phillip <b>Moderator</b>

This IS slander. To call ANYONE TODAY a W-H author shows abject ignorance. Sorry. </font>[/QUOTE]Dr. Bob is going to literally kill me (not allegorically). I finally, after all this time, get to correct him just this one time. I better enjoy it because it will never happen again. :D
    Its libel, Dr. Bob, not slander. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

If I get banned, its been nice knowing all of you. [​IMG]

2. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Dr Bob: "To call ANYONE TODAY a W-H author shows abject ignorance."

Actually, Dr Bob, there still are some "real" W-H people around. Example: Moises Silva, formerly of Westminster Seminary and of Gordon-Conwell, who wrote in 2002:

"Let me disabuse you of any thoughts that I am an impartial and objective party in the dispute. The truth is that I am an unrepentant and unshaken Hortian." (in David A. Black, ed., _Rethinking NT Textual Criticism_, Baker, 2002, p.142).

3. Askjo

Askjo New Member

This IS slander. To call ANYONE TODAY a W-H author shows abject ignorance. Sorry. </font>[/QUOTE]Well, I found a list of names in the website -- the TR/KJV group and W-H group. Let me ask you questions: Do you know that Doug Kutilek is a W-H man?

Is Dr. D. A. Waite a TR man.

Is Dr. Metzger a W-H man?

Is James R. White a W-H man?

Is Dr. Peter Ruckman a KJVO man?

Dr. Bob, are you a W-H man?

Michelle, are you a TR woman?

Anti-Alexandrain, are you a TR man?

Pastor Bob, are you a TR man?

Dr. Bob, I identified them. Am I a slander? No! because I realize that Dog Kutilek is NOT a TR author. YOU know there has 2 sides: the TR/KJV group and W-H/MVs group. Both of them clashed each other on this Bible Version all the time when I read many posts.

Who suspended Michelle from this BB for 2 weeks? Not TR/KJV moderator! Right? Sense! - because you said I am a slander plus abject ignorance.

On other "KJV only" board the KJV moderator suspended/kicked out W-H posters, too.

Dr. Bob, please forgive me. [​IMG]

[ January 24, 2005, 08:15 PM: Message edited by: Askjo ]

4. Askjo

Askjo New Member

Correct! In 1800's there was 75% of the TR group and 25% of the W-H group. Today there is 75% of W-H group and 25% of TR group. However the TR group is slowly growing today.

I was a W-H man for many years ago. Today I am a TR man for many years. Dr. D. A. Waite was a W-H man a long years ago. He is a TR man today. Dr. Frank Logsdon was a W-H man before, but he realized the reason then he turned himself to be a TR man.

[ January 24, 2005, 08:54 PM: Message edited by: Askjo ]

5. rsr

rsr <b> 7,000 posts club</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    Askjo said:

"Who suspended Michelle from this BB for 2 weeks? Not TR/KJV moderator! Right? Sense! - because you said I am a slander plus abject ignorance."

It is best that you not make statements based upon information you do not have.

6. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Agreed, no moderator has the power to suspend a member - it is impossible.

This thread is on page five and has taken an ugly turn away from its original intent. It is therefore closed.