1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Knocking on Whose door? Rev. 3:20 Biblically reclaimed

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by asterisktom, Apr 29, 2012.

1. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Tom let me ask a couple of things.

From Leviticus 23.

The passover = The day the Lamb of God Jesus his only begotten Son died for the sin of the world (present system age). 14 Nisan a day.

The feast of unleavened bread 15 Nisan a holy convocation, a sabbath day through 21 Nisan also a holy convocation, a sabbath day. (Why seven days beginning and ending with a sabbath?) = as ye are unleavened. For even Christ our passover is sacrificed for us: Unleavened on the 15th, because of what took place on the 14th, but we have our lives to live, therefore let us keep the feast, continue to purge the leaven (sin) from our lives until either death of the return of Christ the sabbath of the 21st, by 1 John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us [our] sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Pentecost, the feast of weeks, the feast of harvest, the feast of firstfruits
    The morrow after the seventh weekly sabbath following the weekly sabbath after the 14 Nisan. Fifty days. Always the first day of the week, Sunday by our calender, a holy convocation, a sabbath day. = The very day the Holy Spirit fell on and filled the disciples and began being given to the called of God. Those who have the fristfruits of the Spirit. Romans 8:22,23 For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now. And not only [they, that is the uncalled], but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, [to wit], the redemption of our body.

Now to my knowledge unless you can show me otherwise that is where we are in the feast of the Lord at the present. All the spring feast have been and are being at this time fulfilled. God is still presently taking out of the nations a people for his name. Acts 15:14

The next feast; the feast of trumpets; Speak unto the children of Israel, saying, In the seventh month, in the first [day] of the month, shall ye have a sabbath, a memorial of blowing of trumpets, an holy convocation.

Verse 16 After this (After this taking out a people for his name) I will return, and will build again the tabernacle of David, which is fallen down; and I will build again the ruins thereof, and I will set it up: 2 Tim. 4:1
    I charge [thee] therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom; 1 Thes 4:16
    For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Phil. 3:11,12 If by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead. Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus. 1 Cor. 15:52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

Trumpets?

The day of Atonement tenth day of seventh month an holy convocation, a sabbath

The feast of tabernacles on the fifteenth day of the seventh month for seven days the fifteenth day an holy convocation a sabbath

on the eighth day an holy convocation a sabbath

seven annual sabbaths feasts of the Lord

2. asterisktom

asterisktom Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You can see, Percho, that I snipped a lot out of your response. Not because there wasn't substance there, but for time constraints. I am super-busy right now here with teaching. But I do want to address the trumpet issue, hopefully really soon.

But for now I will just comment on your use of Acts 15.

The key phrases that we seem to disagree on is the "after this". You seem to see it as proving the rebuilding of the Tabernacle will come after the in-gathering. Am I stating your view correctly?

At any rate, I do not see it that way. The in-gathering is the rebuilding of the Tabernacle. This is that Temple that Christ said He would raise in three days.

What convinces me that they are the same are the words of James in verses 13-15, before he gives his problematic quote ("problematic" because it is hard to see where he gets it. Neither the LXX or the Hebrew have the "after this".)

James, after the missionary report given by Paul, Barnabas, and Simon - many Gentiles coming into the Kingdom - says that this very event "agrees with" what Amos wrote. What did Amos write? That God would rebuild the tabernacle of David.

The rebuilding of the Tabernacle of David is the raising of Christ's Temple is the growth and building up of the body of Christ.

The "after this" IMO cannot be made to show sequence, since James's use of the verse was to show correlation ("this agrees with"), rather than precedence or subsequence.

3. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    OR, don't lose any sleep over this guy, he's a troll, for real; peruse his past posts, he has a nasty attitude and is intentionally inflammatory in many of his responses:

http://www.baptistboard.com/showthread.php?p=1837765&highlight=trolls#post1837765

#103 kyredneck, May 9, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2012
  4. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    At one time I understood about time constraints but I'm an old man now. Stay up late, sleep late, what a life.

The church I believe is being built through the calling out by God and to be, the ones receiving the firstfruits of the Spirit. I believe this is what James was saying in Acts 15:14 and in 15 he says and as it is written the words of the prophets agree with what was said in verse 14.

Verse 16 is not a "problematic" quote for as you said, It is not a quote, it is a new thought relative to what has been previously said.

As a matter of fact Amos 9 only speaks of the sifting or scattering of the house of Israel. And I believe 11-15 is more of a kingdom concept than a Zion concept. Let me explain.

Where the written words of the prophets would agree would be as in Ezekiel 36:22,23 where like in Acts 15:14 a people for his name in Ezekiel God isn't going to do something for their names sake but to sanctify his holy name. They profaned his name and He through sanctifying of the firstfruits will sanctify his name, see also Jeremiah 3:14 Turn, O backsliding children, saith the LORD; for I am married unto you: and I will take you one of a city, and two of a family, and I will bring you to Zion:
    The same people, the house of Israel whom he had given a bill of divorce verse 8 by reconciling and bring some, one of a city, two of a family, to Zion, a church concept.

After this, I believe means, "after this," in verse 16 of Acts. The church I believe will rule and reign with Christ in the building of the kingdom which begins with it's resurrection.

Begins with the feast of trumpets. Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.

Satan is taken out of the picture so there can be no deceit. = day of atonement.

Then the feast of ingathering can begin see Acts 15:17 That the residue of men might seek after the Lord, and all the Gentiles, upon whom my name is called, saith the Lord, who doeth all these things.

Notice it is the Lord and, for they are ruling and reigning with him.

Then the last great day of the feast: Whosoever will come and drink freely of the water of life.

Hey, I haven't chiseled in stone yet. Not sure that is even my job.

#104 percho, May 9, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2012
  5. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member