1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Knowing His call

Discussion in '2000-02 Archive' started by Silver Wolf, Sep 10, 2001.

1. Silver Wolf

Silver Wolf New Member

Why do you think God keeps some people in the dark about what He wants them to do while others with the call know right away what to do. I only ask because I know that I am called however I have no idea what God wants me to do. Others I know share testimony about when they were called and knew right away what they were called to do.

2. Footwasher

Footwasher New Member

Trust me, friend, you have GOT to read Experiencing God!!!!!

3. Silver Wolf

Silver Wolf New Member

Do you think I could get that book in the local library.

4. Footwasher

Footwasher New Member

It's possible. It's a very popular book. It's often used in church Bible study groups. Does your church have a library?

I know for sure you'll find it in almost any Christian bookstore.

It truly will answer so many of your questions. I will pray that You find a copy.

God bless you. Grace and peace to you.

5. Brother Adam

Brother Adam New Member

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Silver Wolf:
    Why do you think God keeps some people in the dark about what He wants them to do while others with the call know right away what to do. I only ask because I know that I am called however I have no idea what God wants me to do. Others I know share testimony about when they were called and knew right away what they were called to do.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't be too quick to try to figure out what God wants you to do. He knows what He wants you to do and you will know within His time. Just keep active in ministry and praying about it. God reveals a little at a time to me and it can be very hard to be content with what I do know and learning to live with His timing, but I'm learning.

Until Next Post, Adam

6. Barnabas H.

Barnabas H. <b>Oldtimer</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Footwasher: Smiley faces mean jest, in my book. [​IMG]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks. What a relief! [​IMG]

7. JPCambetas

JPCambetas New Member

Dear Barnabas,
    What a great life lesson.
    It was was good for my constant spiritual growth to read your life story.
    I also had to run away from my country because of the war in Africa, thus I was born in Africa but being white it was a great fear for all of us to stay there.
    Thank you all for your explanations about being called by the Lord.
    May GOD bless you all.
    We all have a lot to learn from you older pastors.
    JP

8. dfd2

dfd2 New Member

Silver Wolf,

I wouldn't be worried at all about God giving you clear leading right now. It's a good thing in my book. From people that God has really used they dealt with discouragments and weren't very clear in their beginnings also. Not many of them just broke out of the gate so to speak. For example David Brainerd was kicked out of i beleive it was Princton, a major blow for his plans for ministry. There are many others. I'm personally vary wary of those that are "on" all the time or have it together so too speak with their call and ministry starting out. To me, INHHO, at times they are running on their talents and personality more than God's leading. I really beleive that God will break those that he truly uses. Also many of them had great personal sturggles and pains to deal with these were very broken men. Brainerd suffered sever depressions. Spurgeon would lay on his couch and just cry from his fits of depressions. Paul and his thorn I could go on... Another point, and this is a little of subject but is applicable, is that I think that today's image of who is a god pastor doesnt hold up to the personalities that God has used either. It seems today that we look for the person with the most charisma or confidence etc... The men that moved the kingdom of God in the my readings we mostly reserved men. McCheyne, Brainerd, alot of the Puritans were very quite men out of the puplit and would choose to remain quiet in company unless speaking of the things of God. I wil lastly say this, PRAY God only uses men that pray. I would encourage you to read Power through Prayer by EM BOunds in it he shares examples of the prayer lives of men tat moved Christendom for God it is truly an amazing and will challenge you greatly.
    "Study universal holiness of life. Your whole usefullness depends on this, for your sermons only last but an hour or two, your life preaches all the week. If Satan can only make a covetous minister a lover of praise, of pleasure, of good eating, he has ruined your ministry. Give yourself to prayer, and get your texts, your thoughts, your words from God. Luther spent his best three hours in prayer." Robert Murray McCheyne

9. Silver Wolf

Silver Wolf New Member

Thank you Barnabas for pointing me to that web site. I have got the book on its way. By the way in my post after your story I was trying to thank you for the story. Not B.J. I have no idea why I did that. :D And once again thank you all for the great advice. I would like to hear about other people's storys too.

Silver Wolf

10. Barnabas H.

Faith:
    Baptist
    <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Silver Wolf: By the way in my post after your story I was trying to thank you for the story. Not B.J. I have no idea why I did that. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's funny Silver Wolf, 'cause B.J. and Barnabas is the same person! ;) You see, I used the Displayed Name BJH up to 1,000 posts (those being my initials). Then I used B.J. Halo for the next 1,000 posts. And now I am using simply Barnabas. I don't think that I will change my name though for the next forseeable future. [​IMG]

11. Silver Wolf

Silver Wolf New Member

I see. You were just trying to play a trick on me. I knew I saw the name B.J. Halo on that post. For a second there I thought I was going crazy. :D :D :D :D

12. Footwasher

Footwasher New Member

Yeah, that's what he wants us to think. It's an evil plot, in my opinion. :D [​IMG] :D [​IMG]

13. Silver Wolf

Silver Wolf New Member

I wonder what he is ploting aginst.

14. livin'intheword

livin'intheword New Member

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Silver Wolf: I see. You were just trying to play a trick on me. I knew I saw the name B.J. Halo on that post. For a second there I thought I was going crazy.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LoL..Uhhhh Silver Wolf...are you sure it was just for a second? :D [​IMG] :D

[ September 20, 2001: Message edited by: Barnabas ]

15. Footwasher

Footwasher New Member

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Silver Wolf:
    I wonder what he is ploting aginst.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, isn't it obvious? He's plotting against us and our sanity! (Of course, in my case, it wouldn't take much to push me over the edge! :D {...maniacal laugh...} :D )

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

16. Silver Wolf

Silver Wolf New Member

LOL. Some times I wonder Paula!!!!! :D :D :D :D

17. Barnabas H.

Faith:
    Baptist
    OK, have fun on my expense. But be aware that when you least expect it, I shall draw my sword (I mean pen) and chop chop your posts, just like the one above in livin’intheword’s reply to Silver Wolf. :D

Well, the reason I went into livin’intheword’s post was to correct an error. You have to remember when you reply with a quote that the second QUOTE has to be at the end of the text and not in front of it. Otherwise you will wind up with a double line with no text between them. Hope you do not mind my intrusion livin’intheword? [​IMG]

18. livin'intheword

livin'intheword New Member

I don't mind at all. Thank you [​IMG]

Paula