1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Korea

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Don, Nov 23, 2010.

1. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Ken I agree that this would be a much better solution if it would work, but it will not. The South has no way to defend themselves against the North. The North could and would totally overrun the South in a matter of hours killing untold thousands. Also we have already followed the policy that you are suggesting, run and hide, and what happens is that the bully just gets stronger and a later war just gets deadlier for our troops. I stand on the idea of nuking them.

2. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Don you can forget about me joking. I am not joking or trying to get a rise out of anyone. I am simply stating what the inevitable is. You cry about how many in the North are starving, then why have you not gotten on a plane and helped them. Instead you want to continue to pay bribes to the North while they build their military and now want to bribe us some more. GET ON A PLANE! The North has been gaming the South and the US for years. They promise to be good for aid and all the time use the aid to build their military. We are now at a point where the US has actually been an unwilling partner in helping the North to become a nuclear threat, not just to the South but to us as well. They are exporting weapons as well as technology to other nations who are seeking the bomb. It will not be long until some terrorist group gets hold of some of their weapons and uses it against the US.

While I wish that China would put its foot down and let the North know that if they do not stop the destabilization of the region and world that China will join the rest of us and take them out, but that is not going to happen. I see no other solution to this problem then to nuke them. A swift and total wiping them out where there is no one to fight over or defend is the only possible way to stop what is happening.

For those who wants to continue to pay the North to keep the in relative check until they have a nuclear delivery system that can reach the US or until they sell some technology to a terrorist nation I say send your children to the front lines and allow them to be slaughtered and killed or better yet get on a plane yourself and go to the North, your not afraid are you, and try and win that corrupt government to the Lord and bring peace instead of paying them to become a bigger bully, but in the end we will still have to nuke the North.

#102 freeatlast, Nov 28, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 28, 2010
  3. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

Can you site one current General or Admiral, or any retired military officers who agree with "nuking" North Korea?

4. FR7 Baptist

FR7 Baptist Active Member

Yeah, I'm sure a few hundred people could survive a nuclear holocaust.

BTW, I have read the back of the book and it in no way supports bombing North Korea. It also doesn't support your pre-trib rapture views.

5. SpiritualMadMan

SpiritualMadMan New Member

I am not so sure that the South can't defend itself against the North.

But, there are two areas where they can't: If China gets involved... If the North uses it's tiny Nuclear Capability. That would be a complete scene changer.

The other issue, no one seems to have mentioned, is that the South is a valuable trading partner.

It is in China's best interest to separate the US from it's Asian Trading Partners leaving only China left to buy from. And, they have already poisoned our children with lead based paints in toys!

One last thing. It's one thing to march in a parade under orders while half starved. It's quite another to invade a foreign country. Especially one with well fed and well trained troops and a decided will to survive and overcome.

6. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    We can debate this ad nauseum but the United States will not nuke North Korea.

Neither should it.

7. SpiritualMadMan

Agreed! and AMEN!

8. billwald

billwald New Member

>The South has no way to defend themselves against the North.

The US has no way to defend South Korea against the North. After Seoul is gone, another landing at Inchon? They have already fought the US to a stand still once. We are to fight three ground wars?

9. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Will you please stop for a second and think? There is no such thing as a "swift and total wiping them out." You don't know what you're talking about, but you won't pay any attention to those of us who actually have some knowledge about this subject. That indicates either an arrogance that is based on ignorance, or an ignorance without willingness to be teachable. Both have scriptural teachings that indicate they're wrong attitudes.

As for your sad, pathetic statements about "being scared"; I've asked previously: What is your military background?

Please tell us: When was the last time you went to N.Korea on a missions trip?

10. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Robert, absolutely no one in the ranking military is going to make those statments to the public.

11. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

You would not believe me if I told you my military background or how much time I have spent in N. Korea. However that is not why I am saying what I say. I am saying this because this is what needs to be done. What you are suggesting has been going on for the last 60 years and is a total failure. In fact it is worst then a failure. Your policy has made them a nuclear power and a terrorist nation.

I am telling you that it could be done and over in 30 minutes. Launched from subs, stealth bombers and regular bombers. My guess is that about 30 to 40 nukes of varying sizes would do it and all could be deployed in less then 30 minutes taking out the main military positions in the first 5 to 10 minutes. So I believe it is you who is not thinking. This has been going on for 60 years. The North promising to stop their aggression to get aid from the US. We give it and they break their end of the bargain. Now that they have nukes they have upped the price. Now they actually bomb the South, sink their ship and still want us at the table, although we are refusing at this time, to try and get more aid.
    I still say that you need to go there if you are so concerned about the people. Also send your children and grandchildren, sons and daughters, to the front lines so that they are the ones taking the bullets and bombs. I however call for a swift and precise nuclear attack on them to put an end to all there bullying tactics so no one has to be killed but those in the North..

12. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    You can call all you want but it ain't gonna happen.

13. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm guessing zilch for both.

14. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

Maybe because they are ridiculous, irresponsible and dangerous!

It's actually difficult to take you serious.

15. billwald

billwald New Member

North Korean aggression? An incident every couple of years. How many countries has the US invaded? Panama, Columbia, Iraq, Afghanistan . . . . If Israel and all of Palestine were nuked would be a more peaceful world.

16. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Try me; I might surprise you. If it helps, I'll go first: I have over 20 years in the military.
    Not "my" policy; U.S. policy.

No one is denying that what you just described would be done within 30 minutes. It's the escalation from other sources that the rest of us know would happen, but you, for some reason, seem to know better and believe won't.

Although I simply think you're insane, I'm curious why your insanity seems to believe neither China nor Russia nor anyone else would panic or get hostile and escalate things to such a point that your "done and over in 30 minutes" means that the entire world gets embroiled in a potential nuclear holocaust 30 minutes after that. I'd love to hear what knowledge, experience, whatever it is that convinces you we don't have to worry about that...when there are 4-star admirals and generals, and governmental experts who completely disagree with you.

I repeat: Over 20 years in the military. Protecting my family, you and your family, etc., etc. So use that line on someone else.

Yep, there's the confirmation of insanity.

17. JohnDeereFan

JohnDeereFan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Based on your posts, you're right: I wouldn't believe you.

18. SpiritualMadMan

So, what you are saying is that the US is no better than North Korea and that someone should Nuke The Apple of God's Eye?:BangHead: :tonofbricks:

My! That's a *very* "christian" attitude... :tongue3:

19. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He may be saying that we should not worry about the speck in another s eye until we take care of the log in our own eye.

The N. Korea - S. Korea problem is a very big one and there are not simple answers ... as much as we would like it to be simple.

20. Thinkingstuff

Thinkingstuff Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Just a note. We did invade Panama because its leader was not properly in that position as an elected leader but used his military position to obtain leadership in that country. Our treaty with them over the canal put the canal back in their hands and Noriega did away with democratic rule. Because of our relationship and treaties with that country we supported the democratically elected leader to hold his position and we took out Noreiga. So we didn't invade just for no reason or to obtain some sort of control but to uphold our treaty with that government. We didn't invade Columbia we worked in conjunction with their government to fight the FARC and to stem the drug trade. No invasion. Iraq had it coming and so did Afgahnistan. Both those countries were for self protection. Iraq had designs on destabalizing that whole region and Afgahnistan was training terrorist to attack the US. All these senario's are different from N. Korea trying to position itself to bully more food and free stuff from the west to support its faltering economy and the tyranical grip it holds its people in. Big difference.