1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Kudos to John McCaim

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by KenH, Oct 11, 2008.

1. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Kudos to John McCain

I applaud John McCain's efforts to encourage civility among his supporters. :applause:

' In question after question, supporters took the microphone and urged McCain to aggressively confront Obama on Wednesday at the final presidential debate, warning of disastrous consequences if the Democratic nominee wins in November.

McCain vowed to fight. But he also sought to quell the audience's ire. When McCain said, "I admire Sen. Obama and his accomplishments," the crowd booed.

The candidate quickly interjected: "No, no. I want everyone to be respectful." With special emphasis, he added: "And let's make sure we are." '

' McCain got an ample dose of anti-Obama sentiment Friday in Minnesota. Standing a few feet from him, a woman said: "I can't trust Obama. He's an Arab."

McCain shook his head.

"No, ma'am. No, ma'am. He's not," McCain said. "He's a decent family man -- citizen -- that I just happen to have disagreements with on fundamental issues." '

' McCain replied that Obama was "a decent person and a person that you don't have to be scared as president of the United States." '

- www.latimes.com/news/printedition/asection/la-na-campaign11-2008oct11,0,748657.story?page=1

#1 KenH, Oct 11, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2008
  2. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Birds of a feather flock together.

3. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

I gained a lot of respect for McCain also. I'm glad he took control and said their attacks were over the line. We can disagree on issues while remembering even a Muslim can be a patriotic American.

4. rbell

rbell Active Member

agreed.........

5. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

I am watching a McCain rallie now and he is now channeling that anger into anger against the Hill, anger against the economy etc...

Now that's the McCain I used to know. I don't know who this guy has been in his skin the last few weeks. He wasn't the war hero America loved and respected.

I suspect if he keeps this approach we will see the polls change next week and the race will be back on... :thumbs: