1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Kurt Warner/Arizona Cardinals Quarterback

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Nicholas25, Sep 9, 2006.

1. Nicholas25

Nicholas25 New Member

Warner is going to have a huge season. With an improved offensive line and Edgerrin James in the backfield to go along with the great receivers he is going to return to 99-02 MVP form.

2. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

Warner had a great run a few years ago with the Rams. However, I think his time is done. He maybe a decent QB this year if he can stay healthy (which is a HUGE if).

The Cardinals have some good players on offense, but I think they may be a year or two away from making a big splash.

3. NateT

NateT Member

The fact that Warner is in AZ is a good indication of the evaluation of NFL coaches.

I'm sure he's a nice guy, but I think he's essentially been a "flash in the pan" that is still hanging around because of his MVP seasons. He's done better than most people that enter the NFL, and he should be proud of that. But let's face it, he's holding down AZ until Leinart is ready to go.

4. Nicholas25

Nicholas25 New Member

Philippians 4:13

Two MVP awards and a superbowl title and another superbowl appearance is much more than a flash in the pan. Last season he set an Arizona Cardinals record for completion percentage in a season. He is a devout Christian who conducts himself with class and dignity. For such a good guy and quarterback he has many doubters. Kurt Warner will have a big season in 2006.

5. Hope of Glory

Hope of Glory New Member

I think Warner will have an outstanding year. I think their offense will have a very good year. However, it's the defense that wins games for the most part, and I think AZ will be also-rans again this year.

6. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

Agreed on Kurt Warner staying or not staying healthy!

Ed

7. Nicholas25

Nicholas25 New Member

Warner Rips Apart the 49ers

Warner on Sunday

23-37
    301 Yards Passing
    3 Touchdown Passes

The Kurt Warner of old is back!!!!

8. PastorSBC1303

Psst..they were playing the woeful 49ers!

9. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

:laugh: :laugh:

Ed

10. PastorSBC1303

hmm wonder why you didn't post Warners stats from this past week ;)

11. Nicholas25

Nicholas25 New Member

Warner Has Tough Game Against Seahawks

Kurt Warner
    Week 2 vs Seattle
    24-38
    231 Yards
    1 Touchdown
    1 Interception

He didn't have much time to throw because the seahawks were in his face all day. The offensive line shouldn' take all of the blame though because he missed some reads and had a hard time handling the ball. He has thrown 4 touchdown passes through the first 2 games with 1 pick and has completed over 63% of his passes.

Warner is what a true Christian is all about, his actions back up his words. He has been a class act since he came in the league regardless if he was winning superbowls and most valuable player awards, being benched for Eli Manning or trying to prove he still has game to his critics. I honestly belive he takes a lot of heat becaue he is a true Christian.

12. Gold Dragon

Gold Dragon Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I have Edge on one of my fantasy teams so I'm hoping Warner has a good season to set up edge for plenty of touchdowns.

But I'm worried for both Edge and Warner that the Arizone O-line just doesn't have it to keep up their production. I guess we'll see.

13. PastorSBC1303

So much for Warner returning to form. He has been benched.

14. Nicholas25

Nicholas25 New Member

Do you hate it for him? Because he is one of the most outspoken Christian athletes in the history of pro sports and his actions have always spoke just as loud as his words. He is a true class act and in a fair world he would be mvp every season because he is such a great guy. I also hate that a lot of people have forgotten how good he was his first few seasons in the NFL. He was on a level with Joe Montana, Dan Marino and Peyton Manning his first few seasons.

15. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

yes, but he is first string bench. If only I could make that kind of money to sit on the bench, I have all the seats warm.

16. Bro Tony

Bro Tony New Member

Kurt had no chance at any meaningful season when two things happened...

1. When the offensive line was not improved

2. When the Cardinals drafted Leinart.

Bro Tony

17. PastorSBC1303

No, I cannot say that I hate it for him. The way he has played he deserved to be benched.

So because he is an outspoken Christian he shouldn't be benched for bad play?

No doubt he is a class act. I just don't see what that has to do with him getting benched. If you dont play well, you dont keep playing.

They key is "few" seasons. He was really good for a couple years. But since he has been terrible. He is not even close to the level of Montana, Marino or Elway. So lets not get crazy. All of those guys did it for the long haul, Warner did not do that.

I am thrilled he is an outspoken Christian. We need more of those, but that does not automatically make him a great QB.

18. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Why do people mix the secular professions with Christianity? Just because he's a christian...he can't be criticized for the way he plays? If you had the option of open heart surgery between someone who's a lousy surgeon...but a Christian, and a world class surgeon...who's not, who would you choose?

19. Nicholas25

Nicholas25 New Member

A lot of words got put in my mouth on this topic.

1. Other than the first game he has struggled. Yes, Christians can be benched and have their bad play critiqued. Christians are held accountable for their job just like anyone else even if they are an NFL QB.

2. I didn't say he was on the level of Manning, Marino and Montana NOW. I said he was his first few seasons, and if you remember watching ESPN and other sports talk during that time others said the same thing. He was lights out awesome during the greatest show on turf days. But you are right, he didn't do it over the long haul and because of that his name will never be brought up with those names again unless someone is talking about a small period of time.

3. You should hate it for him because he is such a strong Christian. I didn't say he didn't deserve the benching but we should want to see everyone succeed in life, especially our fellow brother in Christ.

4. I hope this isn't stetching it, but if someone in my church got demoted at their job, I would feel bad that the situation didn't work out for them. I wouldn't have the attitude they deserve it even if they did. That sounds kind of smug doesn't it?

Not trying to be a jerk, just curious your thoughts on these things.

20. PastorSBC1303

Yep.

To be a great QB you have to do it for the long haul. Therefore, Warner is not a great QB. He is not a Hall of Fame QB. He had his 15 mins of greatness.

I find it hard to hate something for a guy who is and has made millions of dollars for playing a game. He has a great life and sitting the bench for the Cardinals is not going to change that.

As I stated before, I am extremely happy he knows the Lord and is outspoken about that. I want him to succeed in life and to do well. And you know what? He has. So no reason to hate anything for him.

Someone in your church deserves your concern, etc way more than Kurt Warner. If you don't agree, reread the the remarks to your previous quote.

From the OP:

Instead of going through all of this, wouldn't it just be easier to say you were wrong on your prediction and move on?