1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Kurt Warner

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Nicholas25, Sep 23, 2007.

1. Nicholas25

Nicholas25 New Member

Warner was 15-20 for 258 yards and two touchdowns against the tough Ravens defense. He is such a class act, he gets benched in favor of Eli Manning in NY, and Leinart in Arizona, and handles it in a classy, Christ-like manner. It was easy for him to praise the Lord and proclaim the name of Jesus when he was one of the best quarterbacks in the NFL, but he has really shown true Christian character in the last several years.

He has said time and time again he can still play at a high level and he has shown flashes, but he has also had a habit of turning the ball over and getting injured. I have always thought he would have one last run in him but that has not been the case. Today might just be a nice game in relief and we might see more of what we have come to expect from him the last several years, but it was nice to see the Lord shine on one of his on and give me one more moment in the sun!

2. pocadots1990

pocadots1990 Member

I agree with you. Kurt Warner has shown class these last few years.

3. JustPassingThru

Site Supporter

A win would've been sweet, but I guess they won't let Kurt play both offense and defense! Good for Kurt. I'm hoping to see more of some of that!

4. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

well here is our annual Kurt Warner post...

We know you love Kurt, you don't have to keep telling us!

Sorry but he is not one of the best QBs in the NFL. He had a really brief run of doing great things, but to be one of the best you have to do it over the long haul.

5. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

I like Kurt Warner too. He was fantastic in St. Louis, but almost beating the Ravens D doesn't mean as much this year as it would have last year. The Ravens are off of past glory and are just not as good.

Personally, I'd love to see Warner do well, but as soon as the Cardinals go up against a team with a strong pass rush up the middle, Warner's flaws will be exposed again.

6. Nicholas25

Nicholas25 New Member

Dude, what are you talking about? I did not say Warner was one of the best quarterbacks in the NFL. He is one of the finest Christian men in the public eye. I would think that all fellow believers would root for him. He has handled the decline of his career with grace.

In a world were so many "public Christians" conduct theirselves in a way that doesn't represent "true Christianity," Warner has always backed up his faith with his actions. My appreciation of him has more to do with him being a strong man of God than his playing ability. I was also a fan of Danny Wuerffel because of his testimony and character, and he struggled in the NFL.

7. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

My bad, I misread your original post. My apologies.

8. Nicholas25

Nicholas25 New Member

No problem, I appreciate it.

9. Nicholas25

Nicholas25 New Member

Warner was 14-21 for 132 yards and a score in a huge win against Pittsburgh.

10. readmore

readmore New Member

I'd love to see a complete list of Christians in the NFL. Warner seems to be the most prominent, but there's also Junior Seau, Shaun Alexander, Matt Hasselbeck, Tony Dungy... Who else? There's an article at http://www.cbn.com/CBNnews/CWN/020306super.aspx that has a little info.

11. Nicholas25

Nicholas25 New Member

1. Kurt Warner
    2. Joe Gibbs
    3. Tony Dungy
    4. Shaun Alexander
    5. Josh Mcown
    6. Mack Strong
    7. Matt Hasselbeck
    8. Mark Brunell
    9. Patrick Ramsey
    10. Trent Dilfer
    11. Lovie Smith
    12. Troy Polamula
    13. Jon Kitna
    14. James Brown (CBS)

15. Jason Elam

I am sure there are many more but this is all I can think of right now.

12. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

I'm sure the fellowship of christian athletes could supply most, if not all. I knew a couple years back they produced a tract for each NFL team composed of believers from each team.

www.fca.org

13. Nicholas25

Nicholas25 New Member

Warner now has the AZ Cards at 6-6, and in the playoff hunt. He has 15 touchdown passes against only 8 picks, with a completion % over 60%. The 15 touchdown passes are the most he has thrown since throwing 36 during the 2001 football season. It's nice to see a true man of God having a nice season.

14. tank1976

tank1976 New Member

He has been a class act since I seen him play in STL.

He has wne t through it as an athlete, but he is still honoring God.:jesus:

15. Nicholas25

Nicholas25 New Member

The Arizona Cardinals finished without a losing record for the first time since 1998. Kurt Warner finished with 27 touchdowns, 17 picks, and over 3,500 yards through the air. It is the best season Warner has had since his 2001 MVP season. I hope #13 gets a chance to battle for the starting job next season.