1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured La La Land

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by OldRegular, Feb 19, 2015.

1. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Obama had an opportunity not only to improve relations between black and white but to inspire young blacks to make something of their lives instead of becoming prison inmates and/or impregnating young girls. Instead he has made everything much worse. I believe deliberately.

Before you start throwing the racist label around I live in a state with the only black Republican Senator and a Governor whose parents were immigrants from India. I would also note that Sen. Scott, when he ran for the House, beat the sons of former Governor Campbell and Senator Thurmond in the Republican primary. So don't be so quick throwing the racist label around!

2. OldRegular

I believe you have made a brilliant observation! But perhaps Zaac has an identical twin or could it be a clone!

3. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And just from hearing Sen Scott, at this point, I would vote for him in a heartbeat for POTUS.

4. OldRegular

Putting it politely as possible you really don't know what you are talking about. I was a Conservative Republican when that was a dirty word in the South and probably while you were still wetting your diapers!

I would have preferred another candidate than McCain in 2008 but relative to the Marxist Obama he was Conservative. He ran a poor campaign and refused to attack Obama, nor would he let his people do so. But voting for a third party is simply throwing your vote away.

I would have preferred another candidate besides Romney in 2012. Again compared to the Marxist Obama he was Conservative. He also had a proven record of success in the business world at turning failing businesses, and may I say the Olympics, around. Furthermore I was not voting for my pastor, preacher, or spiritual advisor I was voting for president.

It is a fact that Obama has done more damage to this country than all other liberal democrats combined. He has taken the most powerful nation in the world and made it a puppet to a bunch of rag heads in the Middle East, Russia, China, and the laughing stock of the rest of the world.

He said he was going to fundamentally change America and he has done a masterful job.

5. OldRegular

Senator Scott is an exceptional man. His story is similar to that Of Dr Carson. he was headed the wrong way as a teenager. My understanding is that a white businessman talked with him and changed the direction of his life. He started his own business {I admire anyone able to do that.} was successful and then entered politics. I am proud to have him as Senator!

6. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Since when does he get a pass on criticism? I cannot speak for anyone else's motives, but his race means nothing to me. I think that he deserves flak for his actions, policies, and competence while in office.

The suggestion that race is the motivation for comments about his job performance strikes me as simple-minded DNC hack-speak.

7. OldRegular

hack-speak or Zaac speak!

8. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That was your response to the comment by the american dream when he said:"Point is if one voted for McCain or cult member Romney they are not conservative."

But the american dream voted for Romney despite his words now.

"I guess those of us who have decided to vote for Romney..." (10/28/2012)
    "By the way, I am voting for Romney." (10/13/2012)

Just wanted to set the record straight.

9. robustheologian

robustheologian Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Simple-minded?? Isn't that the...never mind you guys can continue your "patriotic" dialogue.

10. The American Dream

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well as far as the first paragraph I've been called worse and will leave it at that.

Everything you said about Obama is true. No doubt about it. That is not the point. Obama's record has nothing to do with the fact that Republicans have nominated liberal
    to moderate nominees since Reagan.

Every four years we give it a pass. Republicans refuse to nominate a conservative. Look at the elections of 72, 80 and 84. Republicans crushed them. Why because they nominated a conservative. Now look at the elections of 76, 92, 96, 08, 12. Republicans lost. Why because they had liberal to moderate candidates. Elections 00 and 04 Republicans won by the skin of their teeth.

Im sure you remember the 60 election. I am sure you did not like JFK. I was too young to vote but I would have voted for Nixon. The reason i bring this up is this. Kennedy was for tax cuts, a balanced budget, and a strong defense. This is the point. Had Kennedy run against any Republican nominee from 88 on, he would have run to their right. It just shows how downhill the party has gone.

The only point I was trying to make if we focus on Obama until he leaves office January 20, 2017, the Republicans will nominate another liberal like Crispy Cream Christy. Then one morning in November 2016 we will wake up and wonder why Democrats won again.

I think we are on the same page. We just look at liberal Republicans differently. I respect your stance. Obama has done major damage. I would prefer in 2016 Paul, Carson, Scott of WS, Cruz, Rubio etc over another Romney or Bush.

I have in the past had a problem with insulting people back but those days are over. I am fortunate to be here. Wishing the best for you and your family.

#30 The American Dream, Feb 21, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2015
  11. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Simple-minded because it (childish name-calling) is the fallback defense against criticism of Obama.

12. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I figured it was Zaac a while ago.

13. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Personally, I had thought that mcCain was not a strong conservative so I went into his voting record and found it to be impeccably conservative except for one issue.
    He voted for a bill that supported stem cell research.

His reason was that the bill was one of those which had several conservative elements to it and a certain liberal had found a way to attach the stem cell research grant to the bill thereby hoping to scare away conservatives.

His reasoning:
    Since at the time only the present inventory of stem cells could be used and was not being added to from current abortions and in addition to that fact there was trickery involved in getting the stem cell issue on the bill so he went ahead and voted for the bill.

Though I thought it was not the right decision, it sounded reasonable enough to me so I voted in his favor.

The man is also a war hero - he was shot down over Vietnam, captured and spent 5 years as a POW and tortured.

He has been greatly calumniated concerning his imprisonment with nothing ever proven. He calls his detractors "dime store Rambos".

HankD

#33 HankD, Feb 21, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2015
  14. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree that is highly suspicious .... :laugh: quite possible .... :thumbs: you are probably right!: smilewinkgrin: how goes the war Zaac?

15. OldRegular

I just said you didn't know what you were talking about. We fortunately have a two party system unlike most western countries. We could be like Italy with half a dozen or so!

We have a primary nominating process. The person who wins is the nominee. It is generally agreed that Conservative voters usually dominate the primaries.

I suspect that Nixon, the 68, 72 candidate was more liberal than Ford the 76 candidate. Ford lost because: 1} Nixon lied! and 2} A lot of people were taken in by "Born Again" Jimmy Carter!

Republicans lost in 1992 because of third party candidate Ross Perot who got almost 20 million votes.

That is nonsense! Conservatives in the Republican Party began the have a stronger voice with Goldwater in 1964. Actually the influence of the North East began to decrease under Eisenhower when he recognized the South as part of the Union. Although Nixon was what I call a big government conservative he ran against two far left candidates in '68 and '72 and the Republicans were wise enough in 1968 to keep the democrats from stealing the election as they did in 1960. Nixon beat Humphrey by less than 1,000,000 votes. Third party candidate George Wallace got ~10,000,000 votes.

The primary process is what it is, Obama won basically for three reasons in 2008:

1. Bush never defended himself against the rabid criticism from the left so many people believed the criticism.

2. McCain ran a weak campaign. In the 2000 primaries he said he would beat Gore like a drum. When he won the primary in 2008 he hardly made a squeak against Obama and kept anyone else from pointing out Obama's problems.

3. Many people, especially young voters, wanted that warm glow by saying they voted for the first black president. Some are still looking for jobs I expect!

We lost in 2012 because a lot of evangelical Christians sat on their duffs and would not vote for that cult member. These same people voted for Carter in 1976 and look what we got!

If Paul wins the nomination I will support him. However, he has the same problem Obama has when it comes to confronting enemies overseas. I would never support him in a primary. He has some of the kookie libertarian ideas his father has! I hope Ted Bush does not run, I will not vote for him in the primary but would support him against any democrat. I just think 3 Bushes looks too much like a monarchy.

Carson, Walker, Kasich, Perry, Jindal, any Republican Governor, except possibly Christy, I could support in the primary. I prefer a Governor over a Senator.

16. OldRegular

I admire McCain as a war hero. His problem is not that he is a liberal, even a moderate. He just seems inconsistent in some things he does. I also strongly disagree with him, and Graham, and Rubio on that 2000 page comprehensive immigration bill they were conned into authoring by Turbin Durbin and Slick Schumer. Anyone who would get in the same room with those two is sure to get shafted!

17. The American Dream

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    OR
    Interesting observations. As I recall the 68 election Nixon ran against a liberal Humphrey and a far righter Wallace. He did not against two liberals. Also you did not mention the 80 and 84 elections, when a conservative was nominated and the democrats were crushed.

My dad just died a month ago at 88, but growing up in Mississippi in the 50s and 60s, his version of the satanic trio was JFK, LBJ, and MLK. I think the middle one was the worst. What I am not understanding in what you say is Kennedy cut taxes, balanced the budget, and had a hefty defense budget. Both Bushes ran up record deficits and did not cut taxes. Remember read my lips. As far as Kennedy being RCC and immoral, as you said we are not electing a pastor

Lately I have been working on my Dads estate. He told me in one of his conversations the only Democrat he ever voted for was Truman against Dewey.

#37 The American Dream, Feb 21, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2015
  18. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  19. The American Dream

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  20. InTheLight