1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Lack of education on logic the problem

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Luke2427, Jan 28, 2013.

1. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

Um...

Are you about to try to contend that the second person of the godhead stopped being God while he was a man??

Are you about to purport that Jesus was not omnipotent while on earth??

That's a pretty serious error.

2. Bro. James

Bro. James Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Man is still having trouble with the logic of his navel.

God is potter; man is clay. That is not logical.

God cannot be defined by the words of man. His ways are not ours.

Man has great difficulty with accountability. This shows up in his worldly endeavors as well as any spiritual inclinations he may have.

Man does not like to be accountable to anyone but himself--so he makes his own religion.

The population of this globe is approaching 7 billion. Most of this number are not Christian. Most of those in Christendom do not follow Christ. Apply logic. Aristotle could not figure it out. A little child can understand.

That is not logical either.

Even so, come Lord Jesus.

Bro. James

3. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Pitchback

Then you should have addressed Winman and left my name out of your smear.

You want to see the definition of violating the law of non-contradiction, lets say God ordains whatsoever comes to pass but that does not make him the author of sin. Total irrational nonsense is the mainstay of Calvinism. Thus it is defended with smears, misrepresentations and absurdities.

4. Winman

Winman Active Member

Boy, Luke loves to bring up my name, I am his arch enemy "Illogical Man"

[​IMG]

Luke thinks he can put God in his box and understand everything about him. He would be better off to simply trust what scripture says.

Pro 3:5 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.

Jesus said he did not know the exact day and hour he would return. I simply believe what Jesus said, Luke has a problem believing Jesus's words. Shame.

Mar 13:32 But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father.

Luke's problem is not with me, his problem is with the word of God. It is Jesus who said he did not know exactly when he would return, not me. If Luke believes that is illogical, then he believes Jesus said something illogical.

#45 Winman, Jan 29, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2013
  5. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's not a true statement.

You've been talking about them a lot.

Law of non-contradiction
    Law of identity
    Law of the excluded middle

6. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Luke, there's nothing illogical by ITL stating he has a dorsal fin???

:confused:

Didn't you say logic = truth?

7. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

In what way is man having trouble with the "logic" of his navel?

I what way is that not logical?

What does that have to do with whether or not God is logical?

8. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

Do you put God in a box when you say he is loving?

do you put God in a box when you say he is holy?

No.

Neither do you put God in a box when you say he is logical. Why? Because all you are ultimately saying is that God is internally consistent which is the ESSENCE of honesty and trustworthiness.

You have a different God in your self-created theology. He is a God who can be less than God- he is a God who can STOP being God whenever he chooses. Your God is mutable, changeable.

You said that your God can lay aside his omniscience.

Then guess what. That means your God can lay aside his holiness, too.

You have put your God in a box and it is a terrible box.

The God of Scripture cannot lay aside his attributes. He is God, and all that that entails, all of the time.

That is not a box, Winman.

9. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

I agree with you that if evil is a thing that to say that God created everyTHING and did not create evil- then that is illogical.

Fortunately, that is not how it works.

10. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

So you are saying that man created the laws of logic?

11. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

That's right.

He may HAVE a dorsal fin for all you and I know. The little information he has provided does not enable us to utilize logic to prove the falseness of it.

As he provides more information we will probably be able to falsify his statement.

If a man says, "I put a few gumballs in my right pocket and a few in my left pocket so I now have a total of 6 gumballs in my pocket."

Can we apply logic to falsify his statement? Not with the little information he has given. There is nothing illogical about what he said.

But if we find out that his pockets were completely empty and that he put 2 gumballs in one pocket and three in the other, we can apply logic to falsify his claim that he has 6 gumballs in his two pockets.

12. Winman

Winman Active Member

Van didn't say "created" evil, he said what Reformed creeds say, that God "ordained" everything that comes to pass.

If God ordained that evil takes place, then evil men MUST do evil. They cannot refuse or repent from evil. Of course, in your system they cannot possibly will to do anything but evil, because God has ordained it. So, how can God not be the author of evil in your system?

13. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

Right.

The second article is a common argument that apologists use to debate the likes of Sam Harris, Richard Dawkins and the late Christopher Hitchens.

Winman, webdog, etc... undermine one of, if not THE, greatest argument for the existence of God.

The fact that transcendent laws of logic exist and are invincible is unequivocal proof that God exists.

14. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

Start a thread on the author of evil and I will discuss that with you there.

15. Winman

Winman Active Member

I do not tell God what he can do and what he cannot do as you seem to attempt. When Jesus tells us he did not know the exact day and hour he would return I simply believe it. When the scriptures say God wrestled Jacob and Jacob prevailed I believe it. When God said he would go down to Sodom now to see if they had done according to the cry of it, and if not, he would know, I believe it.

Now, the scriptures say God cannot lie, so I believe God cannot lie. He put himself in that box, I simply believe it.

But you would argue with the Lord.

Jesus - But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father.

Luke - That cannot be true Jesus, that is illogical. You are God and you must know everything at all times.

Jesus- But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father.

Luke - No Lord, you are mistaken, let me correct you... :BangHead:

16. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

Yes you do. You tell God he HAS to give every human being a choice.

So you believe the Father has a right hand, right?

You believe God has horns and eyeballs all over his head, right?

So you believe God was really trying to win and Jacob was too much for Him?

So you DON'T believe that the eyes of the Lord are in every place beholding the good and the evil?

When did he put himself in that box? Before he made the earth? Could he lie at any point before he made the earth?

No, Winman. You just lack the understanding to see that there are different types of language that have to be interpreted different ways.

There is no greater ignorance when it comes to Scripture than to demand that everything in it be literal and that anyone who does not take it literally "argues with God."

17. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

Here are two instances where Jesus, in the flesh, healed the sick from apparently miles away. He knew who they were and where they were at(omniscience), healed them that very moment(omnipotence), and by Him doing this, proved His omniprescence in that He healed them from afar off. Jesus in the flesh, was/is still God.

#58 convicted1, Jan 29, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2013
  18. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

Edited to withdraw my post here

19. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

Hey Brother Luke, I was trying to support you, and hope I didn't confuse you in what I was trying to convey.

In those two passages I posted, I could see Jesus' omniscience(knowing who was sick and where they were), omniprescence and omnipotence(healing them from afar off), while He was in the flesh. There's nothing but logic flowing from those two passages in accordance to God's attributes of omnipotence,omniscience, and omniprescence.