1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Lack of IFB revivals

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Gerad, Aug 21, 2005.

1. Gerad

Gerad New Member

Folks, what's wrong? You tell me. Baptists are close to being obssessed with their "heritage", and, yet, don't they realize that there has never been a noteworthy revival that has touched the nation come from the IFB camp? That has to say something. Let's open this up. It seems that many groups have toched off national revivals, but never IFB's.

My take? Eccelesiastical separation. It's about as anti-christian as it gets. God can't honor any group's prayer for revival when that group is snubbing other Christians. I have heard IFB preachers say that the 700 Club comprizes mystery Babylon. Oh my! That can't be right. But, yet, that is the attitude which fundamentalism has adopted. That is the sad state of affairs in IFB churches today. If the church doesn't have "Independent, fundamental, separated, soul-winning, KJV only, Bible-believing, Baptist" on the church sign out front then it is automatically a part of mystery Babylon. Again, God can't honor that attitude toward other Christians. IF Baptists attack "other churches", claiming they teach false doctrine and liberal views, WITHOUT EVEN KNOWING FOR SURE WHAT THEY TEACH. I've seen it time and again. Just read Sword of the Lord. There's an E-Free church in my town that is every bit as Baptistic, fundamental and Bible-believing as any IFB church. Yet, I heard the pastor of this IFB church in my area claim that church to be teaching false things...when he has never ever talked to the pastor of that E-Free for himself, or attended a service there. IF Baptists just automatically assume that "other churches" are apostate and liberal.

And what's wrong with Baptists attending a holiday service with "other churches" in the spirit of unity, as Paul taught in Ephesians?? My, my, my.

Furthermore, Baptists don't have it all right either!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! For instance, most all Baptists subscribe to Scofieldism, or dispensationalism, which is about as false of a doctrine as you can get. I could go on and on and on in this regard. From the dread "7-yr. peace treaty" to the one-world government that they always say is "soon-coming", none of it is taught in the Bible. Do you smell HYPOCRISY here???????? It's no wonder there has never been a major revival that has touched the nation come from the IFB camp.

Let's spearhead some SPECIFIC solutions here. MAybe, just maybe, we can get this turned around with God's help.

2. Petrel

Petrel New Member

You already have a thread on this here.

3. Gerad

Gerad New Member

We need to be open with each other on this. I haven't seen that take place yet. Also, I have new thoughts in these threads that need analyzation too.

4. Plain Old Bill

Plain Old Bill New Member

I guess my first question would be is are you a Baptist?
    The reason for my question is all of your post and doctrinal statements appear to be anti-Baptist.

5. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Closing duplicate (and unfounded) thread :rolleyes: