1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Lakeland News: More weird stuff

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by xdisciplex, Jun 25, 2008.

1. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gjl5wKso9eU

Check this out how the woman starts shaking after a while. I wonder why do they all stand there as if this is the most normal thing on earth? Nobody seems to care.

Oh and by the way, Todd is an apostle now. He even got a ring.

2. ReformedBaptist

ReformedBaptist Well-Known Member

It may seem odd, but this is very real to these people. At the beginnign of the video you can Rick Joyner in the background. White hair, white beard. He is the founder of MorningStar in Charlotte, NC.

I was a part of this neo-prophetic movement for several years, been in meetings like that before, et. I can relate my thoughts if the board wishes.

3. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Yes. I would like for you to relate your thoughts. My husband's sister and her husband are wrapped up in this stuff. They love Todd Bentley.

4. Thinkingstuff

Thinkingstuff Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    What stuff? I'm not sure (I didn't see the Youtube thing) but if their is shaking and Neo prophetic stuff I wonder that it is pentecostal or charasmatic.

My personal opinion on these movements are not positive. I made a mistake once a long time ago. I was a new christian and heard all about pentecostal doctine and it seemed exciting and sounded like God was doing all sorts of present day miracles. So I enrolled in a Pentecostal University to earn my undergraduate degree while learning about their faith. The lessons I learned drove me away from this movement and leads me to believe it is dangerous to christianity. I'm not saying there aren't good people or even christian's in that denomination. I am saying there are some serious issues. Though they deny it they are perpetrating aspects of the Montanistic error that Tertullian fell into.

5. Gershom

Gershom Active Member

I would have a massive headache if I shook my head like that.