Land of the Free and the Home of the ?????????

Discussion in 'Politics' started by OldRegular, Feb 3, 2013.

1. OldRegular

OldRegular
    Expand Collapse

85-Year-Old Jailed For “Assault With a Deadly Weapon” For Hitting A Man With His Cane

Read more: http://politicaloutcast.com/2013/01...or-hitting-a-man-with-his-cane/#ixzz2JtQWCvmi

2. Salty

Salty
    Expand Collapse
    20,000 Posts Club

This is what happens when you get overzealous in some activities.

First - I do not have a problem with an 85 year old driving. Loss of privileges should be on a case by case basis. And I say that as a professional driving instructor.

Second - Many people will have a disability that is not readily seen.

Third - "Barney Fife" as well as all cops need to use some common sense. Lets see an old guy with a cane - duh.....

Here is another example - A man stops at a C-store at 4 in the morning - store is closed - man gets out to buy newspaper from the paper box - before he turns around, a cop stops and gives him a ticket for being in a handicap spot. ( I saw this in the paper sometime ago - just cant find a link)

In addition - I believe in general there are too many disable parking spots - There should be some that are time adjustable. For example - when I drove taxi, I would often stop at a grocery store (prices are cheaper), early in the morning - 4-5 am- there would be 30 handicap spots - all empty - with no more than 10 cars - why not have some of those reserved spots to be say from 8 am -8 pm.

This all comes under the heading of Americans going to the extremes.