1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Laodicean church age?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by PrimePower7, Jul 8, 2006.

1. PrimePower7

PrimePower7 New Member

For those who believe we are in the Laodicean church age, do you also claim Revelation 3:10 for a pre-trib rapture?

Tisk, tisk That verse is to the Philidelphians. Wrong age? I guess you missed the rapture?

10 Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth.

By the way, I may sound like I am antagonizing. I am sorry. I am really not mad at anyone. Just a thought question.

2. J. Jump

J. Jump New Member

The rapture is seen in Revelation before the seven letters of the churches begin. But I'm going to go out on a limb here and say you don't believe in a rapture, or at least a pre-trib rapture?

3. PrimePower7

PrimePower7 New Member

Before we go out on a limb

Please show me in a rapture in Revelation prior to the letters.

Does this mean, then, that you do not hold to the church age panorama Scofield says exists in the seven letters?

4. J. Jump

J. Jump New Member

Revelation 1 tells us that John was taken out of man's day and he was in the Spirit on the Lord's Day. And while he was there he saw the entire church, which is represented by the number seven which is a number of completion. And Christ is then seen as the Judge in the way that He was dressed.

This shows that the church will be taken out and will stand before Christ at the judgment seat of Christ.

I have some great resource material if you are interested.

I'm taking that to mean you are asking if I believe in the different ages of church history? If that is what you are asking I think that it's pretty safe to say that these have existed and continue to do so.

5. PrimePower7

PrimePower7 New Member

Jump

I must say, that is the first interpretation of that kind of chapter 1 that I have heard of. I'll prayerfully consider it.

Do you think God intended for us to construe stages of church history from 7 literal churches' letters?

6. J. Jump

J. Jump New Member

I pray God's blessings on your study of His Scriptures!!!

I don't think we are told outright, so I don't know that one can be dogmatic about it, but the letters and what is contained in those letters do seem to fit the stages of history the church has gone through.

But if someone says they are not then I don't think that is a major concern.