1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Last days

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Judith, Feb 27, 2014.

1. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    neither, just trying to be prepared and ready to go if i either died or raptured today, or be planning for future until either happens!

2. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I've got at least 10 people to look after when/if TWEAWKI, how many do you have to think of?

3. Grasshopper

Grasshopper Active Member
    Site Supporter

Yea, I've given up trying to educate people on what certain views teach. Ill gladly defend my view but not what people think my view is. Just for the record, I'm not A-Mill.

4. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You a re a full on pretierist, correct?

5. Judith

Judith Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    With this I agree. I do believe that this country will go by the wayside and soon.

6. Grasshopper

Site Supporter

No, I would consider myself just a preterist, but open to both partial and full. I've flirted with the full preterist position and still consider it the most consistent but I've determined ive gone about as far as I can given the constraints of my intellect.

I'm convinced the truth is on the preterist side just not sure where exactly.:BangHead:

7. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So yuo would see the Second Coming already has happened then?

8. Grasshopper

Site Supporter

I would see the destruction of Jerusalem as the coming Jesus spoke of in the Olivet Discourse. I am undecided whether scripture in other places teaches another yet future coming. Not denying it, just not sure.

9. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do you hold to a physical resurrection of our bodies to a glorified state then?

10. Greektim

Greektim Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I disagree. I live in Central America where the perception of Americans are that they are entirely ego-centric. I am not justifying all of their excuses, but I will say that questions like that are the reasons why Americans (& American Christians) are viewed as not thinking outside of their own world. There are many on the BB that don't live in the USA. So don't say "this country". The more ego-centric you are makes it harder for me to live where I do. I know what discrimination is based on that. Soy gringo!

And Christianity is global. Make it a global issue.

#30 Greektim, Mar 4, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2014
  11. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So what? That has nothing to do with what was posted here and it is not necessary to assume the worst about their motives.

As far as the perception that Americans are ego-centric, when someone else has more in this world then that is always the perception even when it is a false perception.

12. Greektim

Greektim Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I wasn't scolding the motives. I was scolding the ignorance or lack of motive.

And I can tell you that the world isn't jealous of America b/c you have more stuff. I see poverty that is jaw dropping every day. These people are quite pleasant and happy people w/out having "more in this world". It is the American elitist attitude, much of it displayed in the very language of the OP, that causes the sentiment of America's ego-centrism.

I am the first one to jump on a Honduran for looking for the opportunity to be offended at something when they really just want to be a victim. But at the same time, thinking that this world, even this site, revolves around Americans is misguided. And the more the rhetoric agrees with that, the more I am discriminated here in Central America.

13. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

There are times when you make so much sense!