1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Latest Rasmussen Poll: Trump ahead

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Lewis, Jun 30, 2016.

1. Lewis

Lewis Active Member
    Site Supporter

White House Watch
    White House Watch: Trump 43%, Clinton 39%

LINK

2. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I take all Rasmussen survey results with a large grain of salt. They are well known for being quite biased and have been very wrong in the past. Time will tell.

After the 2010 midterm elections, Silver concluded that Rasmussen's polls were the least accurate of the major pollsters in 2010, having an average error of 5.8 points and a pro-Republican bias of 3.9 points according to Silver's model.

From: http://www.peoplespunditdaily.com/polls/2014/02/14/rasmussen-reports-bias-scott-rasmussen/

We examine past accuracy to assign the polling firm a rating from 1 to 4, which is then used to weigh the amount of influence the firm has on averages and statistically weaken the ability of one outlier poll to dramatically mislead us on the status of a race. A rating of 4, which is held by both Rasmussen Reports and Public Polling Policy (PPP), is the worst rating we assign to a polling firm.

3. Lewis

Lewis Active Member
    Site Supporter

I have read articles describing why ALL of the pollsters are off. In a nutshell because most people don't answer their phones (landlines) anymore if they don't recognize the caller. Telemarketers ruined the whole polling model.

But that doesn't stop anyone from quoting their favorite poll does it, CTB:Cautious

4. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks for the link, but it's useless for my purposes. If you want to get the demographics and details of the poll you must register and pay a monthly subscription fee.

5. 777

777 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, I like the "likely voters" part but why the 9 point swing? I can't think of anything that would have caused that.

Still, looking at the MoE, this means the vote could range from 46-36 Trump to 42-40 Clinton but just last week it was a range between 47-36 Clinton to 42- 41 Trump so in context, it does makes some sense. Then you have to factor in that there's a 5% chance either one of these polls are way off the mark. The popular vote is very, very close IMO.

6. Lewis

Lewis Active Member
    Site Supporter

That is my guess also.

The thing about the Rasmussen poll is that it is compared to Rasmussen's own poll from last week, so we know the methodology hasn't changed.

7. Lewis

Lewis Active Member
    Site Supporter

Sorry about that.

8. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not faulting you at all.

Sent from my Motorola Droid Turbo