1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

. . . lawmakers shift tone on Iraq

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by JamieinNH, Jul 20, 2006.

1. JamieinNH

JamieinNH New Member

Here are some quotes from this article: Story Link

This is WHY I HATE politics!

Quote:
    "Essentially what the White House is saying is 'Stay the course, stay the course,' " Gutknecht said. "I don't think that course is politically sustainable."

Quote:
    Rep. Jim Gerlach (Pa.), who like Shays is a swing-district Republican facing a tough reelection race, . . .

Quote:
    "Congress needs to be more proactive and aggressive in evaluating what is the progress in Iraq,"

Now, this just happens to be the Republicans talking, but I am sure the Democrats will soon follow. Can anyone tell me WHY they seem to make so light of the War in an election year?

This just burns me up when just because they are lookig to get elected they (All Politicans) will try to be precieved as doing the right thing.

I swear we should throw them ALL out of office and start over again!

Jamie

2. JamieinNH

JamieinNH New Member