1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Lazarus Effect

Discussion in '2006 Archive' started by Magnetic Poles, Mar 9, 2006.

1. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Think about what you wrote. How would you have explained what we know today about space in the 1850s to someone? How would you have explained a jet engine.

How would you explain the principles of a jet engine to a child today so that he could fully undeerstand? How would you expalin plasma to a chidl today? They all exist but their ability to understand is very limited due to their exposure and vocabularly. Hebrew only had about a 800 word vocabulary and a very very limited understanding of what we have today.

2. hillclimber

hillclimber New Member

Stick by this Scott. You are right on.

3. The Galatian

The Galatian New Member

That's what macroevolution says. Species that have been longer in their particular niches should be more successful at fitting into them.

Being recently evolved, we still have a lot of fitting in to do.

Who said they were? Life on Earth began with prokaryotes, and most of it still is. We are the exception, not the rule.

4. Scott J

Scott J Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Think about what you wrote. How would you have explained what we know today about space in the 1850s to someone? How would you have explained a jet engine.</font>[/QUOTE] By giving them the information they needed to understand the truth... I most certainly wouldn't make up some fairy tale complete with details... that would constitute a lie.

It was not incumbent upon God to give any of the details related in Genesis 1-11. He could have just as easily said that "Long ages ago, God established Law. From truth burst forth the universe... and in the course of time, life spread forth upon the earth... and man became the greatest of the animals and companion to God..."

In fact, He could have just said "In the beginning, God created the heavens, the earth, and all life... and in the course of time, man rebeled against God..."

We aren't talking about explaining this to children. We are talking about the ability of God to tell the truth about how He created the earth to an adult... who spent time in His very presence.
    I wouldn't do it with a fairy tale.
    Precisely!!!! And people since creation have understood that a day- "evening and morning" is a day. People have understood that when God said on this day or that He created one thing or another... that He did just that.

God didn't owe us a story or explanation of any kind and He wouldn't tell us a lie.
    What a joke!!! Moses who met God person to person and received revelation from Him has a more limited understanding than those today blinded by philosophical naturalism?

I don't think so.

5. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

We all know that Genesis 1 is 100% true, the infallable Word of God. What I am sure of is that I was not there, my mind cannot even begin to conceive of what watching the creation would have been like.

The point is, you are giving an editorial commentary based on what you think of the passage. You have no more idea if the six days were 24 hours than anyone else, in fact, you do not even know if time existed at that point.

All these other posts have done is guess at what happened. They didnt contridict the word of God.

If you were present at the creation, please email me some pictures.

Speaking of time, isnt it time for you to write a post about how patriotic you are, and what you have done for this country.

6. The Galatian

The Galatian New Member

In fact, the most predominant theological opinion in the early church was that creation was instantaneous, and the days were used by God to explain categories of creation.