1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

LBU Academy for School Age Children

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by Nord, Mar 13, 2006.

1. Nord

Nord New Member

Looks like LBU is entering the homeschool/Christian school age education market. With growing numbers of Homeschoolers it seems like it may be a helpful resource. Nonetheless, LBU will have to compete with Bob Jones U & Pensacola Christian College (ABEKA) that both offer Christian school curriculum. Those are the two biggies (I suspect PCC is the largest but BJU is pushing to capture more of that group as I understand it). LBU may benefit from the fact that it is offering an on line prgram (a niche market). I have encountered more and more homeschoolers in our church. My son who was attending a public school actually felt out of place at youth events.

http://www.aop.com/aopc/academies/lbu/index.php

Nord

2. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

I have not encountered one person who homeschools their children where I live in Iowa.

3. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

That's amazing gb! We got a pretty large contingent here.

4. MRCoon

MRCoon New Member

My wife has a full-time job, homeschooling our children!! She is using the ACE material. We find it easier for us traveling every 3 or 4 yrs in the military to keep there education consistent and to not have to worry about moving with the summer rush (when traditional school is out). Now the still do the Terra Nova testing every year and do well and in some areas are above average (they get that from their Mother ;) ). We also are able to be apart of Homeschooling groups thru our Church or thru the Base so they still get good controlled interaction with kids...plus we do a lot at our Church and so their circle of friends are from there as well.

5. Nord

Nord New Member

McDirector is right. It is big here among evangelicals. In fact, they even have a basketball team on our side of town that competes against other private schools.

MRCoon - interesting idea, I had not thought of that before but it seems like a good fit.

Nord
    (former active duty US Army)

6. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

And not only do they have BB teams. They also have academic teams! As my school's math coach, we compete against homeschoolers every where we go. It's an amazing group.