1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Leading by Example

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by LeBuick, Nov 26, 2008.

1. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

I hope he can continue this style of leadership

I hope this style of love for our fellowman and giving back to the community catches on. It is nice to see leadership by example.

2. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

and more

Nothing like leading from the front instead of the rear...

3. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

I am not sure that serving food in a soup kitchen for a couple of hours is really giving back, especially when you return to your comfortable lifestyle while those guys sleep on cots and street grates.

This is typical style over substance. You don't learn thanksgiving and giving back at a photo op. You learn it through a lifestyle of continual dedicated service.

4. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

But every lifestyle has a fist day. Let's see if this spirit continues or not. I do find it a valuable lesson for his children to learn. 3rd Wed of the month is our day at the mission and my daughter gets mad if she misses it. It has really become part of her spirit and I love it.