1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Leaked DOJ Memo: Outlaw And Confiscate All Guns...

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by carpro, Jul 13, 2014.

1. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are right C4K, there is nothing there. This is simply right-wing fear spin. People need to read before responding to the OP.

2. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Everybody has an opinion. That's yours. We know the NRAs.

Mine is that it's highly unlikely ... at this time.

But you can bet, given the right set of circumstances, Obama , or someone like him, will try it.

They have no respect for the constitution and crave power over the people. It starts there. It pays to be forewarned and vigilant. People that keep their head in the sand will end up living in the United States version of Nazi Germany. Or hiding out in Ireland. ;)

3. thisnumbersdisconnected

I posted the entire content of the memo in post #14. I also linked it. The word "confiscation" is not used in the memo, nor is a total gun ban mentioned. It refers to buy back programs being more successful where partial gun bans are also enacted, but then proceeds to quote three separate studies that disagree with that conclusion. What the NRA says is in the memo vs. what is actually in the memo does not coincide.

Again, I have no doubt Obama wants to confiscate and outlaw guns. But that memo does not prove that.

#23 thisnumbersdisconnected, Jul 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2014
  4. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Nobody said it did.

It's OK. I know you are entrenched now, so it doesn't matter to you,at this point, that it was the NRA's opinion and conclusion from reading the memo that was so clearly quoted.

You also have an opinion. We now know what it is. You believe the NRA is right and agree with them. You just disagree that they could arrive at that conclusion from reading the memo. It's OK. I understand.

5. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

The redflagnews.com article was deceptive and misleading sensationalism and an example of gross fearmongering. If the NRA truly interpreted the memo as saying that confiscation is coming it is far less trustworthy than I imagined.

This kind of yellow journalism does far more harm than good to those who stand strongly in favour of gun rights.

The NRA and redflagnews.com should be embarrassed for putting this nonsense out there. They make more enemies than friends when they act this way. It is not forewarning and vigilance - it is pablum to feed the unthinking masses and stir up fear.

#25 NaasPreacher (C4K), Jul 15, 2014
  6. thisnumbersdisconnected

Your OP quotes the NRA as having said so:
    When I stated that the memo said nothing about the DOJ, banning guns or national registration of guns, you said:
    I then posted the exact wording of the memo, copied directly from the memo linked in the NRA article, yet when C4K asked again where we could find the word "confiscation" -- and we could add, any of the other words you claimed it used, you said:
    We can't find the word because it is not there. Nor are the others. We have stated that the memo proves nothing of an Obama administration policy aimed at confiscation, national registration, or total gun bans. Yet you persist in claiming we are wrong. Until now. Your last post denies all these others:
    You claim I am "entrenched." I've done nothing but share the truth. So I'm not sure where that leaves you. Wherever that is, I'm done here.

#26 thisnumbersdisconnected, Jul 15, 2014
  7. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Perhaps. But it requires critical reading skills. All the information is there, but I can tell you completely missed a lot of it at your first reading. Mind already made up because of the which was Inforwars, not Red Flag, by the way? Probably.

I bet you didn't bother to watch the videos of the carefully worded commercials the NRA made at the time either.

If you had, you wouldn't be saying "If the NRA...". You would know they did.

As I said, we already know your opinion, but you just have to discredit the source. Now you've decided to discredited the NRA. I don't doubt that you don't care for them much anyhow, so that comes as no surprise.

Now the fact is that the article as written, is 100 % factual. You haven't been successful at discrediting a single word. You just don't like the way it was presented. Unless you can prove it's not true,just get over it. Go on to something else.

8. NaasPreacher (C4K)

Critical reading skills are what enabled me to see right through this deception on my first and subsequent readings.

And your original link was to Red Flag.

#28 NaasPreacher (C4K), Jul 15, 2014
  9. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You should be.

Your knee jerk reaction to the source started you down this path of unrighteous indignation.

It's time you go on to something else. My advice is to read carefully before you react. The truth is where you find it.

Like Roger, you have not proven anything to be untrue in the article. You just don't like the way it was presented.

Duly noted. Get over it.

10. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yeah. Right. :rolleyes:

11. NaasPreacher (C4K)

This must be the first time ever that TND and I have been summarily dismissed by the same poster :)

12. thisnumbersdisconnected

You're keeping ugly company, C4K. :laugh:

13. NaasPreacher (C4K)

Yeah, but you are keeping company with a supposed 'liberal.' :)

14. thisnumbersdisconnected

well, I'd say you're somewhat left of where I am, but that wouldn't make you a liberal, considering my position on the line defining political philosophy. :laugh:

15. NaasPreacher (C4K)

Okay - now you have me laughing out loud and my wife wondering if I am crazy :)

16. thisnumbersdisconnected

Wow, I'm doing stand-up from 4,000 miles away! That's impressive.