1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Leaked Email Proves TRUMP WAS RIGHT About ‘Mexican Judge’

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Revmitchell, Oct 16, 2016.

1. Use of Time

Use of Time Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If he wanted to grab someone he would do it. If he wanted to start kissing someone he would do it. If he wanted to (insert anything) he would do it.

2. Jkdbuck76

Jkdbuck76 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Please, Dear Lord....return quickly. Very, very quickly.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. 777

777 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    those are actions, not words. those are not things protected by the first amendment or just opinions.

4. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If he wanted to use a nuclear weapon he would do it.

"If we have nuclear weapons why don't we use them?"

"Somebody hits us within ISIS, you wouldn’t fight back with a nuke?"

Sent from my Motorola Droid Turbo

5. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes he chose words to brag about those actions.

6. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hitler really hated Jews but he wasn't afraid to say it at least.

7. rsr

rsr <b> 7,000 posts club</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm sure Trump can afford really good lawyers, hooge lawyers, who could have argued a conflict of interest in court. Guess what? They didn't because they couldn't. The Mouth did the talking. Frankly, if I were a judge I would have held him in contempt

8. rsr

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yeah, kudos to him. A model for all of us. What a guy. I would talk about the longstanding tradition of (sometimes benign, sometimes horrific) German antisemitism and its appropriation by the Nazis to plunge the world into war and enact the Holocaust, but that would be pointless. Hitler deserves our approbation because he called he like he saw it.

9. 777

777 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is why it's never a good idea to get into it with the left - Trump can say anything he wants to turns into Trump can do anything he wants to to Hitler said what he wanted to about the Jews to a conclusion that I think Hitler should be praised for speaking his mind about killing the Jews. But I guess that's better than talking about the judge and his refusal to recuse himself.

10. rsr

Faith:
    Baptist
    First, I am not the left, and neither are the other posters. It's just that they have brains they choose to use. I do not see how anyone can construe UOT's remarks as anything other than some praise of Hitler. So, the issue at hand is that Trump's hooge lawyers would have raised a conflict of interest and did not. So he has no legal standing to make his charges. Not that it would stop him. Trump is the law.

11. 777

777 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "Hitler really hated Jews but he wasn't afraid to say it at least" went Godwin. Bring up Hitler, you lose the argument because this is a strawman argument - "Donald Trump has free speech", "Hitler used his free speech, too, maybe free speech isn't such a good thing and Trump is just like Hitler". With a brain to choose to use, of course.

And Trump will never try to remove this judge from this case because of the ramifications of what happens if that appeal fails. It is devastating, they can drive the attorneys out of the field forever and ruin them financially and nobody will risk that.

12. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Of course I Godwinned your comments because respect for someone simply based off of their reckless words is the laziest of reasons to respect someone.

Trump had no clue about the judge he just backed his way into being right with some quality hindsight here from his supporters.

13. Lewis

Lewis Active Member
    Site Supporter

What is it with you calling everyone "foolish" when you disagree with them?

Trump's lawyers won't ask for Judge Curiel to recuse himself, they could get in a lot of trouble. However the Judge himself should have made known his membership in a group that openly declared their intent to harm Trump. He didn't.

• Like Like x 1
  14. 777

777 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yeah, here's a Rooters article explaining why:

http://blogs.reuters.com/alison-fra...ont-ask-trump-university-judge-to-step-aside/

No. Just no.

Okay, as long as you realized that you lost when you went Godwin on me by THE RULES.

Getting tired of this topic, but it wasn't so much as I respected Trump for his words here just that I would rather have an open enemy named Trump than a secret enemy named Hillary Clinton any day of the week. This judge ought to be glad he's not messing with her.

15. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You created rules that let you bow out. That isn't on me.

16. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Again stop with the foolishness. And you keep hearing if because y'all keep displaying it.

He made a comment about the judge's heritage. Folks would not have had a problem with him saying the judge should recuse himself for a VALID reason.

Being of Mexican heritage is not such a reason.

So stop trying to spin this. He said what he said and was wrong.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk