1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Learning Greek...

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by 3John2, Dec 3, 2003.

1. 3John2

3John2 New Member

Can anyone here recommend a mail order course of something like that for learning Greek? I have many aids such as Lexicons, Concordances, commentaries etc. but what I'd REALLY like is to learn Greek. Anyone?

2. Tim too

Tim too New Member

There is a software program for your computer that will teach you Greek. It is called Greek Tutor.

Here is a link for a more detailed description. Greek Tutor

In the love of Christ,
    Tim

3. Tractster

Tractster New Member

AMG PUBLISHERS (http://www.amgpublishers.com)
    used to have a cassette tape series.

Roscoe

4. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

For the first 1-1/2 years of seminary I attended in Houston. It is an extension of Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary.

Before I attended seminary I had a strong desire to learn Greek. So I started studying by reading books. But later I took some classes and it forced me to learn more rapidly and much more thorough. There are so many things you learn in class through dialog and interaction with professors and students that cannot be obtained any other way.

Sometime take a look at http://www.cranfordville.com/GWUclass.htm

Then click on Greek 101, 102, 201 and 202. That covers four semesters. I studied about 15 to 20 hours per week under Dr. Cranford when I had him for any class.

Even some junior colleges offer NT Greek or Classical Greek.