1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

learning to deal with boyfriends past sexual sins

Discussion in 'Youth Forum' started by URGALPAL, Apr 22, 2003.

1. URGALPAL

URGALPAL New Member

Would you ever date someone who was not a virgin? :confused:

2. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

I have went out with non virgins before. One was a widower. Another was a divorcee. One guy who I dated in college, I come to find out was unfaithful. He still is now, and I haven't been around him in over 15 years.

Will I marry someone who is a virgin? I would like to. Am I seeing some one who is a virgin? I hope so.

If he isn't? I don't know.

3. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

My husband told me about his past when he first realized he cared for me. He had been 'engaged' and had lost his virginity to a young woman at a Christian college. She had been with several others before him. When he realized he wasn't actually in love with her but in lust with her, he broke off the relationship.

I had hardly even dated and certainly had never petted or had sex with anyone. It bothered me MORE after we were married than it did when he first told me. I wondered if I was as exciting, etc. I wondered if he compared us, even tho years had passed. It took me quite a while to outgrow that insecurity.

IF you really love this young man and IF he's the man you want to spend the rest of your life with, you'll have to overcome this feeling. However, I sense doubt in your posts and I would suggest you not proceed any further but open yourself up to meeting other young men.

Unfortunately, in today's world, the chance of you finding a lot of virgin young men to chose from is pretty slim. However, God has a perfect mate for you... so don't let unforgiveness (when God has forgiven those who have confessed and repented) keep you from marrying the mate God chose for you.

Blessing!,
    Diane

4. christfollower55

christfollower55 New Member

Yes Julie i have been through it myself with one of my ex-girlfriends. She gave herself away before marriage and i didn't know what to do about either. So i prayed and God said that she wasn't the one for me at the time. So we broke up. We are still friends but i don't think that i will be able to ever date her again. The thing that made it worse is that she lied to me about it.

-Preston :(

5. Preacher Nathan Knight

Ms. Elizabeth

I just wanted to let you know that Christfollower55 is available if you look for someone else! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. areacode734

areacode734 New Member

I really don't think it's very appropriate to be flirting with my girlfriend on here...especially when, if you've read any of this conversation, you know that I have been part of this discussion...

7. Preacher Nathan Knight

I was not flirting. i am a very happily married man. i was joking. Christfollower55 is my friend, and i was joking around w/ him. Christians can have fun and be humorous you know.

8. Sularis

Sularis Member

He he - as to the comment about virgins of a certain sex existing --- Wow its been my experience that its the other way around

Well I guess its just where you are - Virgin females are EXTREMELY rare round where I am - well ok virgin anything

It makes me wonder sometimes why bother - since I could snag myself a nice non-Christian lass.

Well perhaps one day Ill find a Christian female who doesnt care about appearance - like the non-Christians Ive met.

9. stubbornkelly

stubbornkelly New Member

Honestly? In real life, I know one virgin over the age of 18. One. I'm sure I must come into contact with more, but only one person I'd consider a friend or even halfway decent acquaintance is virgin.

10. Sularis

Sularis Member

Most of the male virgins I know just got married

Im one of the few left - so come and get my poor, ugly, abrasive buttocks! [​IMG]

11. christfollower55

christfollower55 New Member

You know two (2) i am 20 years old and still a virgin......

God Bless America

12. ChurchBoy

ChurchBoy New Member

Our former youth pastor was a virgin when he got married at age 29!!!! What an incedible testimony that is! He was raised in a Godly loving home. His parents are still married today after almost 40 years.

13. Preacher Nathan Knight

I knew a lady that past away 2 yrs ago who was still a virgin at the age of 83. That is incredible!

14. stubbornkelly

stubbornkelly New Member

Hey, christfollower. [​IMG] Hence the "in real life." On the boards, I've met many virgins over 18. [​IMG]