1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Least Favorite NFL player

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by NateT, Jan 27, 2005.

1. NateT

NateT Member

In contrast to the other thread, who is your least favorite NFL player?

I'd probably say Peyton Manning. I had to watch him A LOT this year (living in KY) and it seemed like if anything doesn't go his way he throws a fit on the field.

I'd also say Neil Smith because he left the chiefs in the early/mid '90s because he had "to make a living for his family" as if the millions he would have made in KC wasn't enough.

2. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

I would say there are too many to name.....but at the top of the list:

Randy Moss and Jamal Lewis.

Peyton Manning? In a league of drug users, wife abusers, and overall loosers .....Peyton Manning is a breath of fresh air.

3. J.A.B.

J.A.B. New Member

Randy Moss and Charles Woodson.

4. PastorGreg

PastorGreg Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Randy Moss and anybody who plays for the Cowboys or Packers.

5. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

pastorgreg: wow, you better be careful saying those things in Wisconsin, they will put you behind bars LOL [​IMG]

6. JGrubbs

JGrubbs New Member

Deion Sanders and Lawrence Taylor would be in my list!

7. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Terrell Owens and Randy Moss.

8. west

west New Member

Shannon Sharp .I know he doesn;t play anymore and is a TV Sports analyst .The reason I don;t care for him is .He talks sooooo loud and doesn;t let anyone else talk .I could see in Dan Marino's face that he was mad once because Sharp wouldn't let him get a word in .

9. Ezekiel

Ezekiel New Member

Owens and Moss would rank as two of my least favorite. Those are by far the worst.

10. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

Terrell Owens ... Violates the first rule of sports celebratons: Act like you have been there before.

Moss is a close second ... He is an all around whiner.

11. WallyGator

WallyGator New Member

Any of you oldtimers remember Jack Tatum? :eek: :eek:

12. JackRUS

JackRUS New Member

I have to agree with you on all points Pastor.

We should all pray that Jamal finds a good prison ministry and hears about the Lord and gets saved. He's doing four months soon.

Too bad it wasn't during the football season though. Who says that celebrities don't get preferential treatment.

I know, only a fool.

13. JackRUS

JackRUS New Member

I remember watching him make a long reception in a game for Denver and he literally reached back and patted himself on the back. I almost lost my cookies.

14. JackRUS

JackRUS New Member

Ya, he was one of the hardest hitters ever. Chuck Noll called him part of the "criminal element" in the NFL, along with a nasty fellow also from Oakland named Adkinson. I can't remember his first name though.

Tatum was the guy that hit Frenchy Fuqua and launched the Immaculate Reception. And yes, I was at the game.

I also went to the game the next week when the Steelers lost to the soon to be 17-0 Dolphins (it was about 70 degrees out in the middle of winter, sigh). That was the same day that Roberto Clemente died. The worst day ever in Pittsburgh sports.

15. JackRUS

JackRUS New Member

I agree with you about Neon Deion when he played, but since he got saved I must now consider 1 John 3:14. [​IMG]

BTW, you wouldn't be from either Philly or Washington would you? [​IMG]

16. JGrubbs

JGrubbs New Member

I agree with you about Neon Deion when he played, but since he got saved I must now consider 1 John 3:14. [​IMG]

BTW, you wouldn't be from either Philly or Washington would you? [​IMG]
    </font>[/QUOTE]Even after Deion making his profession of faith I have no respect for him, he appeared on "Christian" television one day and hosted the Victoria's Secret lingerie show on television the next week. Sometimes I wish some of these high profile "role-models" wouldn't annouce to the world that they are "Christians".

I was born in Fredricksburg, VA and lived most of my life in North Carolina. I have been a life-long Redskins fan. My grandfather was good friends with Joe Gibbs years ago. Now Gibbs is a good example of a good Christian role-model.

17. ChurchBoy

ChurchBoy New Member

Ya, he was one of the hardest hitters ever. Chuck Noll called him part of the "criminal element" in the NFL, along with a nasty fellow also from Oakland named Adkinson. I can't remember his first name though.

Tatum was the guy that hit Frenchy Fuqua and launched the Immaculate Reception. And yes, I was at the game.

I also went to the game the next week when the Steelers lost to the soon to be 17-0 Dolphins (it was about 70 degrees out in the middle of winter, sigh). That was the same day that Roberto Clemente died. The worst day ever in Pittsburgh sports.
    </font>[/QUOTE]Is it true that Tatum never apologized to Darryl Stingly or even visit him in the hospitial after his injury? If that is true that is cold-hearted. :mad:

I do know that last year Tatum was suffering with severe diabetes and was in the hosital.

18. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Some of my least faves? OK, but not necessarily in this order:

Steve Entman...Wasted a world of talent to pure laziness.

Ryan Leaf...Couldn't control his temper; refused to have a wrist injury repaired, thus frittering away a probable fine career

Ricky Williams...Chose dope over continuing what would've most likely been a stellar career...really did the Dolphins dirty by his sudden "retirement".

The Dallas Cowboys...when the definition of "dope ring" was a Cowboys' huddle.

This should do for now.

19. ChurchBoy

ChurchBoy New Member

Didn't Entman have some serious knee injuries? If I remember correctly he drove his pickup truck from Washingston state to the Colts training camp during his rookie year.

20. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yeah, I remember reading that somewhere also. But it seemed from the gitgo that Entman didn't really put forth the effort that a player with his abilities should have. However, he is now a very successful businessman.

Another major disappointent was Tony Mandarich, once touted as the greatest OL ever. With the Packers, he found that NFL DLs were a LOT quicker than those he'd faced in college, and he simply didn;t work too hard...plus, he became ill, which forced him out of football for awhile. Now, while he came back with the Colts, this time giving it all he had, he never reached the heights expected of him. Maybe people were expecting too much? However, all's well that so far has ended well for Mandarich. His family business was golf, and Tony & family bought a very successful course in Canada.

Now, I'm not disappointed in Entman & Mandarich as MEN, but only as pro football players.

However, there ARE s'more who so far have been disappointments as PEOPLE & have set some very poor examples as role models. The one that stands out to me the most is Lawrence Phillips. That man could run a football! But he simply cannot avoid committing felonies. After his being given several NFL chances, last w/the Niners, he went on to star in the CFL( being cut by two teams for disciplinary violations, despite leading the league in rushing) and is now in stir for a sexual assault.

Here are a few more of my least-fave players, of whom I know nothing about what kind of PEOPLE they are:

GARY BEBAN...Seemed to have it all, the arm, fine runner, brains...but was a NFL bust, just couldn't adapt to the skill level of NFL DBs. However, today, he is a VERY successful real-estate exec.

TODD BLACKLEDGE...His passing accuracy in the NFL left much to be desired. Now, ne's a successful sports announcer and businessman.

TODD MARINOVICH...Not even the Raiders could make a successful NFL QB outta him. Seems he liked his pot too much...is playing Arena Football somewhere now.

Living within the Bengals' market area, I've seen some real busts made by the Brown family, drafting players who weren't really that good to start with, and wondering why they flopped. First on that list is Akili Smith. Nothing against him; the Brown family simply overrated him. Then there was David Klingler, who hadn't played against that many top-class opponents in college. Can't blame Ki-Jana Carter for what happened to him, getting a torn ACL on his very first NFL carry.

Can't say ALL the above are my least-fave players, but I certainly don't care for those who don't utilize the abilities God gave them to the fullest. If they were not interested in football any more, some of them shoulda followed the example of Eric Crouch, who abruptly quit before the Rams had begun to make him a big factor in their plans.(There's some buzz Crouch may play in the CFL, where his running ability and short-passing accuracy would be a perfect fit.)