1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Leaven always a picture of sin?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by readmore, Feb 29, 2008.

1. skypair

skypair Active Member

I'm sorry. I was referring to seeing the 7 parables as the church as being eisogesis. BTW, have you ever heard that theory?

But in the case of the "woman," you are correct. I see her as the "one world religion" which, it later develops from the epistles, starts in the church. I'm sorry to throw you off like that. :tear:

And I obivously agree -- I pointed it out. And we shouldn't equate KoH with the church. Are we agreed on that? The KoH is the earthbound but spiritual kingdom from Adam's fall to Christ's earthly MK.

The more the detail, the clearer the "picture." Do you think the "picture" was unclear to Jesus or just to us? Could some of His detail have been a mistake?

Exactly! Like the "point of reference" that LEAVEN gives us! Or like WOMAN and KoH gives us. These are the very least that we should recognize.

No, that's the message of the mustard seed. In the case of the leavened MEAL (there is no "loaf"), there are THREE measures, not one. And in fact, you might not want to take my word for it but the MEAL has the meaning of wheat (Israel) and barley (Gentiles) mixed together in the world and in the last religion.

You have a low opinion of Jesus "story-telling" abilities, my friend. :tear:

What do you believe the "kingdom of heaven" to be? Whatever your answer, that is what makes my interpretation "overwhelming" to you. I've felt the same way about Larkin's interpretation. It is precisely his that made me revise mine. I came out not agreeing with him but establishing a better one.

skypair