1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Left Behind get's beaten to a pulp.

Discussion in 'Books & Publications Forum' started by mioque, Jan 22, 2005.

1. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

mioque wrote:

"I think there is no reason to bash the notion of The Rapture as presented in the books..."

Actually, I didn't intend to imply that I thought The Rapture was bad theology. The bad theology that I was referring to was the idea that people like Buck, Ray, and Chloe (among others) can reject the gospel before the Rapture and then get saved after the Rapture. It goes against the verses where we read that "..God will send a strong delusion that they will believe the lie." I don't want to go into an eschatology discussion here, because there is another thread elsewhere already, but according to pre-trib as I understand it, the only people who get saved during the Tribulation are those who never heard the Gospel prior to the Rapture. The idea is that unbelievers need to get saved asap, but Left Behind doesn't promote that idea at all, and, in fact, actively undermines it. This is some of the bad theology I'm going after.

I think I should have been more specific in my earlier post.

2. chipsgirl

chipsgirl New Member

I am in no way a theology expert but I was always under the impression that the people who stayed after the rapture were given a chance to repent. I have no clue where I got that idea though. That could have just been my intrepetation I came up with as a child.

3. mioque

mioque New Member

"How do you figure that?"
    "
    2 things
    Never read anything about people being saved by Left behind outside of pieces whose primary purpose was to boost sales
    And.
    Both Left Behind and The Passion are basically aimed at the incrowd, the already converted.