1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Left Behind goes Tom Clancy style?

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by Phillip, Jan 6, 2005.

1. Phillip

Phillip <b>Moderator</b>

In the new "Left Behind" series books, Apocalypse Dawn, it is a fiction story claiming to combine Tom Clancy style military stories with The Left Behind stories.

Already Mel Odom has published three in this series.

Is THIS the same Mel Odom that does Buffy and the Vampire Slayer and Sibrina The Teenage Witch?

Has he had a change of "genre" or maybe style in the past couple of years, or does he just hear the "Left Behind" cash registers ringing?

Any comments on this guy? All the book says is that he has written many books and lives in Oklahoma with his wife and five kids.

He also seems to be the writer of quite a few fictional ghost stories involving reincarnation and other odd books.

How did he and LeHaye get together? Anybody know the whole story on this?

I guess writing fiction is okay as long as it is fiction, but kid stories about a teenage witch is a bit much when the Harry Potter books are slashed so bad. At least she doesn't turn around and write for the Lehaye bunch.

2. Phillip

Phillip <b>Moderator</b>

3. rsr

rsr <b> 7,000 posts club</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's the same Odom.

"LB: How did you get involved with the Left Behind series?

Mel: I was asked to participate in the project by Denise Little, a brilliant editor with Tekno Books. Then, after meeting with the team from Tyndale, I was greenlighted to write Apocalypse Dawn."

Tyndale is busily expanding its "Left Behind" line with military-style books by Odom and political novels by Neesa Anderson (who formerly wrote Harlequin romances).

It may have been a way of adding another publisher to his options; he's signed with Tyndale about the Naval Criminal Investigation Service.

4. Phillip

Phillip <b>Moderator</b>

Where does Odom live RSR? It says he's here in OK. The only real author I know here is Bernhardt, the attorney in Tulsa. He's a real nice guy.

5. rsr

rsr <b> 7,000 posts club</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    My best information is that he lives in Moore.