1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Legislative Effort to Halt ACLU Extortion

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by carpro, Aug 4, 2006.

1. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Judges have no Constitutional right to disburse public funds as they have been doing for the benefit of the aclu.

2. Daisy

Daisy New Member

Is it for the benefit of the ACLU or its clients? You seem to be saying that the state & local governments should be immune to judgement? If the state wrongly confiscates your property, it should not have to pay the costs you incur to have it returned, that it would just be your tough luck?

3. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is the aclu that actually receives the funds, but it really doesn't matter who benefits.

I don't believe judges have the constitutional right to order the disbursal of public funds to a party that has suffered no injury or monetary loss.

#23 carpro, Aug 6, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2006
  4. Daisy

Daisy New Member

You don't think the injured party should get back what it cost them? From what El_Guerro said, the ACLU gets paid either way.

I believe you're correct that it is not a constitutional right, but it is also not unconstitutional.

Do the judges award the money to the plaintiff or the plaintiff's lawyers? I'm pretty sure that it is to the plaintiff.

5. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

If they claim that they represent those of us that have been discriminated against pro bono, then why don't they.

False advertisement is what I think it is.

I should have become a lawyer instead of serving my country.

6. Daisy

Daisy New Member

Where do they claim to do that? I'm not doubting you; I just couldn't find it.

Possibly - if they were to claim to represent everyone who asked.

I don't know - do they represent all the cases they accept pro bono? You've said that they wouldn't accept your case.

[quoteEG]I should have become a lawyer instead of serving my country.[/quote]No, you did the right thing.