1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Legit questions for all

Discussion in 'Bible Versions & Translations' started by thjplgvp, May 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. william s. correa

william s. correa New Member

2. william s. correa

3. william s. correa

4. Pastor_Bob

Pastor_Bob Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    William, if you find a typographical error in your post, you have a limited amount of time to edit and correct the error by clicking the "edit" button at the top of the post.

5. DesiderioDomini

DesiderioDomini New Member

Then why are you not able to write in complete sentences, or at least something resembling them, so that we can have a clue as to what you are trying to say?

I'm not saying that to insult you, I'm saying that because I often have no idea what you are talking about....and because you speak in riddles so much, you arent learning anything either.

Are you here to wow us with your lack of knowledge, or do you really wanna learn something?

If the latter, you can start by ANSWERING THE QUESTIONS!!!!

6. william s. correa

Thank you! [snipped]

[ May 15, 2006, 12:47 AM: Message edited by: C4K ]

7. william s. correa

what is your Question?

8. DesiderioDomini

My first question is

1. What is wrong with you? If your last post was anything more than idiocy run amuck, re-evaluate why you are here, then leave.

2. Is the reading found in the KJV found in any manuscript or ancient witness? You still have never said YES or NO to this.

3. By what authority do you claim that Erasmus is writing NEW inspired scripture?

4. Since you testify that Erasmus is writing NEW inspired scripture, when did the canon close? Has it closed?

That should be a good start. If you would, please number your responses, and set them apart from each other. Thanks!

9. william s. correa

Let me Ask you a Question Smart Guy?why would you care so much about the reading of Rev. 17:8 being available to us in manuscripts OLDER than 1516?

10. william s. correa

Out to lunch be back in 1 hour

11. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

These personal attacks are going to stop - trems like "Smart Guy" are not acceptable.

This thread is subject to closure at any time

12. DesiderioDomini

Watch, William, and learn how to answer a direct question.

Here is why I care about this reading not existing before 1516: Because it is a TYPO. It is an error, and there is no other explination.

Since it is a typo, it needs to be corrected. There is no reason to include a reading in the bible which has simply never existed. Notice, I didnt say its not in any manuscript "before 1516", but that it isnt even known to exist on the PLANET in any form before 1516. This would make it the only reading in the KJV with such a distinction, and should you claim it to be authentic, you bring into doubt every other disputed reading in the KJV because the manuscripts and ancient witnesses are worthless, and the KJV translators are idiots for thinking they mattered.

Now, I have DIRECTLY answered your question, even though you refused mine. Will you now answer the questions posed to you, or are you just waiting for C4K to close the thread so you dont have to?

13. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Okay, that I will agree with! :D :D

14. william s. correa

1. What is wrong with you? If your last post was anything more than idiocy run amuck, re-evaluate why you are here, then leave.
    OK! Nothing !And Whats wrong with you?
    2. Is the reading found in the KJV found in any manuscript or ancient witness? You still have never said YES or NO to this.Yes it is there. But at least it isnt found in any any documentation that we Know of before 1516. But that dosent mean it is not there! It is By pure faith in the Greek translated to English from Erasmus that I have to say it is there!
    3. By what authority do you claim that Erasmus is writing NEW inspired scripture? Never did I claim such a thing I mearly said we must have faith in the Greek first and then in the English Inspired by Erasmus Which is documented in the AV 1611!

4. Since you testify that Erasmus is writing NEW inspired scripture, when did the canon close? Has it closed? If you are speaking of church law, then of that time I would have to say No! Since we are under Grace then the cannon of the church applies only to what Christ has said in His Word! I'm not entirely sure where you are going with this But I will never Admit that the KJB has errors ever! Now as far as the MV's There is a Big YEA on that subject!Next

15. william s. correa

Trems? Ok I'm sorry !

16. DesiderioDomini

Nevermind. It appears you see have vastly different standards than the rest of us on several levels.

William, we have on record about 5300 manuscripts of the NT. If memory severs me right, I think we have about 500 or so of Revelation. There has never been one single claim in history that this reading was in ANY of them. On topic of that, we have thousands of manuscripts from other languages, such as Latin, Syrica, Coptic, Armenian and others, there are virtually thousands of quotations by early church fathers, lexionaries, and a myriad of other witnesses to this verse. This reading has never been claimed to have been found in any of those witnesses BEFORE YOU. Which witness is it that you claim contains this reading?

OK, are you claiming that you did not say God inspired Erasmus to write these words down for us? If so, I will cut and paste YOUR WORDS stating otherwise. If not, then you once again contradict yourself. Whats new, though?

The CANON of scripture is that which is accepted as INSPIRED Scripture of God. If Erasmus is adding to the book of Revelation words that have never existed before his typo, then the canon was open until at least 1516. Canon has nothing to do with "church law".

Your wisest comment to date.....

So, even if there is an error, you wont admit it? Why are you here? To defend a lie at all costs? Do you know the easiest way to not have to admit something that is true? REFUSE to answer questions, just make claims. This way, you can fake your way through the whole ordeal.

Now, do you wish to try again?

17. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Mr. Correa:Very interresting statement! Altough if I want a map to Mount Ararat and How to get there and the topographer goofed up and the map is WRONG theI might end up in Istambull!

I would hope you could tell a mountain from a large city from quite a distance from either one.

Just like if i am syudying About when David Slew Goliath and the NIV says that Davids Brother killed Him I might Have a problem when I am Quized on the matter!

Did it ever occur to you that there coulda been more than one Goliath? Are YOU the only William ?

1 Chronicles 20:5...

# King James Version (KJV)
    And there was war again with the Philistines; and Elhanan the son of Jair slew Lahmi the brother of Goliath the Gittite, whose spear staff was like a weaver's beam.

# New International Version (NIV)
    In another battle with the Philistines, Elhanan son of Jair killed Lahmi the brother of Goliath the Gittite, who had a spear with a shaft like a weaver's rod.

We do not need many versions just the Correct Map with the correct heading and coordinance!Amen the thing is that I beleive that we can still agree to disagree but still show brotherly Kindness!

Butcha ya gotta PROVE a given map is the ONLY correct one.

However, 10/4 on the kindness.

I will try to show evidence that proves that the KJB in English is and will be the source where I can draw from and get fed!

You may use the KJV as your only Bible version all ya wish. However, the difficulties begin when ya proclaim it's the ONLY valid English BV there is. THAT requires PROOF, which so far has been sadly lacking ever since the current KJVO myth began.

18. Askjo

Askjo New Member

99% of MSS supported the KJV; 1% of them supported modern versions according to a W/H scholar who refused to admit the FACT.

19. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Trems? Ok I'm sorry ! </font>[/QUOTE]Now thats funny - william correcting my typo [​IMG] [​IMG]

20. Phillip

Phillip <b>Moderator</b>

99% of MSS supported the KJV; 1% of them supported modern versions according to a W/H scholar who refused to admit the FACT. </font>[/QUOTE]Could you please support this with facts? Are you talking about the verse that is being discussed? If so, WHAT MSS are 99% supported by the KJV?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.