1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Lenten Fish dinners

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Salty, Mar 14, 2011.

1. JohnDeereFan

JohnDeereFan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I wouldn't for the simple reason that I wouldn't want to appear to be endorsing Catholicism.

2. Baptist Believer

Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Appearing to endorse Catholicism to whom?

Roman Catholics? Other Baptists? Unchurched persons?

3. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Honestly...:laugh::laugh::laugh:

4. JohnDeereFan

JohnDeereFan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes. Roman Catholics, other Baptists, weaker brothers and sisters in Christ, and the lost.

5. Zenas

Zenas Active Member

I love fish fries but the local Catholic church doesn't have them. However, it may be of interest to some that on the first Saturday in August all candidates for public office, from U. S. Senator and governor on down to dog catcher, descend on a little Catholic parish in far western Kentucky at a place called Fancy Farm. Many years ago, St. Jerome Parish started having a barbecue fundraiser on the first Saturday in August. Since that is about the time candidates for public ofice gear up for their fall campaigns, it soon became a mecca for politicians. Today it attracts politicians from all around the state. The speeches are loud and sometimes silly but the crowd loves them. Each year the church prepares and serves over 18,000 pounds of meat. I have seen people refrain from going because they didn't like any of the politicians but never heard of anyone staying home on account of it being a Catholic fundraiser.