1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Lesbian Episcopal Bishop receives necessary consents

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by lori4dogs, Mar 10, 2010.

1. lori4dogs

lori4dogs New Member

The Rev. Mary Glasspool has received the necessary consents to her election by
    standing committees, the Diocese of Los Angeles is reporting.

Glasspool still needs consent from a majority of bishops before she can be
    consecrated.

http://www.standfirminfaith.com/?/sf/page/25706

http://www.episcopal-life.org/81803_120234_ENG_HTM.htm

Anybody surprised?

No doubt she will receive the necessary consents from the House of Bishops.

Two thousand years of church history doesn't matter. The Episcopal Church has become a joke. Not even a funny joke. It is just pathetic.

#1 lori4dogs, Mar 10, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2010
  2. Matt Black

Matt Black Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I don't recognise her as an Anglican. She and her 'church' are apostate.

3. lori4dogs

lori4dogs New Member

That's right, Matt, You know the list: Women’s Ordination, Same-Sex Blessings, Ordination of Practicing Homosexuals, Elevation to Bishop of Same, tolerance of the most ridiculous liturgies (Priests in Clown-Face, for example), equation of Buddhism, Islam, Shinto, and Lord knows what other faiths to Christianity, The denial that salvation comes only through Christ, the denial of the Divinity of Christ, the denial of the actual Resurrection of Christ, the denial of the Doctrine of the Trinity, the description of the Creeds of the Church as "obsolete", funding organizations that provide abortions in New York State, and engaging in lawsuits to prevent the parishioners of historic parishes that disagree with TEC from buying their buildings come to mind, but the list goes on and on. The Leadership of TEC will say that these things are not "official" positions (except for the abortions support and lawsuits), but have they forgotten that Tolerance = de Facto Approval in faith issues? It always has.

4. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

At this point the theological crazies in the Episcopal Church are just trying to give more fuel to those who want to separate. The time has come. The Episcopal Church in America is in deep trouble with the Church of England, its mother denomination. Rowan Williams is close to separating ties.

This kind of foolishness is an abomination and mocks Christ.

5. Matt Black

Site Supporter

TEC and the Anglican Church of Canada need to wake up and smell the coffee that the overwhelming majority of Anglicans these days are black conservatives who'll give them the order of the boot as soon as they are able under our rather convoluted constitution.

6. lori4dogs

lori4dogs New Member

I had expected that they would wait until immediately following the end of the upcoming Global South Encounter. So much for 'gracious restraint'. It is a bit harder for them to continue to claim that the moratorium is still in place. This just shows that they really don't care about the majority of the Anglican Church.

This is not a surprise and quite to the contrary, if consent had been denied that would be a surprise. But since hell hath not frozen over, I suspect the woman(?) is in once the House of Bishops vote is announced.

7. Matt Black

Site Supporter

No, I haven't seen Lucifer skating to work recently either. And the moratorium (Canon B6?) was rescinded a couple of years ago which was another finger by TEC to the rest of the Communion.

8. lori4dogs

lori4dogs New Member

9. Jon-Marc

Jon-Marc New Member

We are seeing the end times getting near as people call evil good and good evil. This is an abomination.

10. Matt Black

Site Supporter

It's nearly enough to make this Anglican swim the Tiber, Lori! But then I think of all the good, Godly men and women the Anglican Communion does have, particularly Reform, of which I am a member and which is UK-based, and also the Fellowship of Confessing Anglicans, which more reflects the views of Third World (the majority) Anglicans, to name but two.

11. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I read a pretty comprehensive article iin Texas Monthly that was about the split in the Episcopalian Churce.(Only slightly biased)

A Fort Worth Bishop withdrew his entire diocese form the national church over the ordination of women and homosexuals.

It'll go to court over the real estate that he says belongs to the dioceses, not the Church.

http://www.texasmonthly.com/2010-02-01/letterfromfortworth-2.php

...if anyone is interested.

#11 carpro, Mar 17, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2010
  12. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

This already happened in VA in 2007. Several Episcopal parishes withdrew from the Episcopal Church USA and have already gone to court over the property dispute but not sure where it all stands now.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/education/2007-01-16-episcopal-virginia_x.htm

http://www.cuac.org/79901_98342_ENG_HTM.htm

13. Matt Black

Site Supporter

One of the reasons for the establishment of the Fellowship of Confessing Anglicans (q.v.) was so that these parishes and in some cases dioceses could have alternative episcopal and archepiscopal oversight from orthodox Anglicans.

14. lori4dogs

lori4dogs New Member

The Tiber may be too cold this time of year, LOL!

The 'Presiding Heretic' Katherine-Jefforts Schori announced that the majority of the House of Bishops have now consented to the consecration of Mary Glasspool. As I mentioned before, I'm really surprised that this was announced before the meeting of the Global South. It will be very interesting to see what the moderates do at that meeting now that The Episcopal Church has made it clear they don't care about tearing the fabric of the Communion.

Both enough bishops and Standing Committees consented to the election of a practicing homosexual as a bishop in the Episcopal Church. This is the SECOND instance of a practice that is officially NOT sanctioned by the Anglican Communion world-wide. The Episcopal Church has been warned, and warned, and warned by leaders in the Anglican Communion, has been counseled, advised, and been called “out of Communion” with at least 12 of the 38 Anglican primates. Others have initiated “impaired communion” because of the FIRST instance of the majority acceptance of a practicing homosexual in the position of bishop. Do TEC leaders really believe there will be no further action? Do they really believe the leaders of the rest of the communion are as dishonorable as they are? This is a tragic event, but it is confirmation that the direction those of us who LEFT TEC is correct, at least, for us. The Global South meets in May. Do they think there will be no memory of this March anti-Christian action on the part of the MAJORITY of the bishops in TEC? I pray for the SOULS of those bishops. They have moved against the Word of the Lord.

Whenever +++Rowan Williams issues his useless statements, those who would defend him point to the deficiencies in the communion's governing structure as if to say, "Well what do you expect? What do you want him to say? He can't decree that thus-and-such be done; he doesn't have the authority!" That may be true, but it doesn't relieve Williams of the responsibility to make clear what he thinks should happen. His response to Glaspools consents is only available upon request! It is not on his official website.

The Anglican Diocese of San Joaquin (where I live) is an orthodox diocese with a courageous bishop, John-David Schofield. Of course, the Episcopal Church is suing the diocese, individual parishes, and vestry members as a result of the split from the national church. Isn't there something in I Cor. 6:7 about that?

I have friends in the Episcopal Church that are 'stayin 'til the last lifeboat leaves' and I do commend them. I do pray for them as they have not got an 'easy row to hoe'. I am very glad that there are still faithful Anglicans within Reform and The Fellowship of Confessing Anglicans. I recognize Anglicans as a branch of Christ One Holy Catholic and Apostolic Church.

#14 lori4dogs, Mar 19, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2010
  15. lori4dogs

lori4dogs New Member

So far, the Virginia churches have retained their property. A very old law on the books in Virginia recognizes that church splits happen and that the church has the right to retain its property when a majority of the congregants decide to disaffiliate. Of course the Episcopal Church is appealing but all indications are that the parishes that have left the Episcopal Church (Falls Church was the largest Episcopal parish in the U.S.) will retain their buildings.

#15 lori4dogs, Mar 19, 2010
  16. lori4dogs

lori4dogs New Member

As an unrepentant sinner, as rejecting the faith and teaching of the Church, the soon to be Bishop Glasspool cannot perform the function of Bishop.

She may be a very nice person by human standards, but she accepts that which the office of Bishop is required to reject. I would, and have, said the same thing about Bishops who have been married three times.

This is not just about homosexuality, but it is a presenting symptom because church leaders are so obviously attempting to change theology and practice from things that has always been known to be sinful to things that are now not - as one of my associates told me, “now that Episcopalians have taken care of this sin of fornication, can they work on adultery; that would help me a lot when I meet St Peter." For many reappraising clergy, sin is no longer an issue - their cheap grace theory is that we all wind up in heaven, regardless - Bishop Viki-Gene Robinson, the first partnered gay Episcopal bishop has stated that.

#16 lori4dogs, Mar 19, 2010