1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Less Regulation???

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by LeBuick, Nov 26, 2008.

1. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

I know you guys advocate less regulation but when do you do when these guys just don't get it? They are killing the American economy and I guess we're supposed to just sit idle and watch until it all collapses...

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601087&sid=aRlALpvxQyZo&refer=home

2. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If the companies are taking tax payer funding they have no business giving bonuses to anyone. That is not quite the same as the regulation we talk about.

3. TomVols

TomVols New Member

For argument's sake, if these are contractural bonuses, don't these companies have a duty to pay them? You have a contractural agreement to receive compensation from your company. Why are these folks any different? I know they've been bailed out, but does that negate terms of employment?

4. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Bonuses are usually given, contractual or otherwise, after some successful benchmarks have been met. If they are needing bailed out how could this be the case. Regardless bonuses are inappropriate when the tax payers need to foot the bill.