1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Let Barack lead the Attack

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by LeBuick, Dec 10, 2006.

1. 777

777 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    But it has to make sense, too.

Overturning, or ruling a law (that was legislated from the bench) unconstitutional is NOT legislating from the bench. It's called "doing contitutionally-appropriate judical duties".

2. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

Potato, potahto.

3. Baptist in Richmond

Baptist in Richmond Active Member

So, two wrongs make a right (that is, if you subscribe to the belief that it is wrong to legislate from the bench)?

Abortion will not be overturned, at least not in our lifetime.......

Regards,
    BiR

4. Rufus_1611

Rufus_1611 New Member

They legislated from the bench when they ruled in favor of Roe. Abortion does not require judges to legislate from the bench, it requires that they adhere to the Constitution of the United States in their rulings.

Getting back to Barack. He is in favor of all abortion scenarios including late term abortion. If you are familiar with the mechanics of this process and are comfortable with someone who would support such a thing, then there is not much more that can be said, save for we will all give account for our words and actions.

5. Baptist in Richmond

Um... Okay..... what?

How about the people you have supported? Have any of them been successful in overturning legalized abortion as the law of the land? How many people have you supported that talk the talk, but then fail to walk the walk? Despite this, did you continue to support these people?

Happy New Year,
    BiR

6. Rufus_1611

Rufus_1611 New Member

I stated that wrong but I suspect you know what I mean.

I've supported the vermin that say they are opposed to abortion but are not in their deeds. I repent of this and rail against 'em all. Republicrats and Democrans are different means to the same end. The battle is between the powers and principalities versus the people, not partisanship.

7. Baptist in Richmond

Actually, no.

I have found that it is better to let the person in question make their viewpoints clear - I don't like simply assuming what the poster thinks, given the anonymous nature of this forum.

I can respect that.

Regards,
    BiR

8. 777

777 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Can't be clearer than that!

No, it's a past wrong that an overturn would correct. Almost reversed years ago, you know. It's inevitable. See top.

Roe v. Wade will, but abortion will never go away, most states will keep it.

So is every "real" Democrat that's considered a contender for the presidential nomination in 2008, Barack's no different.

9. The Galatian

The Galatian New Member

Rapture? When He's ready, not when we are. Patience, Lady Eagle.