1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Let's ALL Thank (blame) George W....

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by righteousdude2, Apr 3, 2012.

1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are correct...

...but, I was ( and didn't put it into words, my bad) eluding to the wars and the heavy financial burden those wars cost us. You are correct. I was wrong for not being clearer.

BTW-I thought Bush was a great POTUS, and believe he will one day be remembered as such. He had the guts to take on terrorists in their backyards.

2. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    RE....

In case you haven't noticed, you are debating others who have responded to this post. I made it easy for you to take on those who you don't agree with. However, I choose to not get into a mud slinging war with those who may disagree with me. I posted my view, and that is all I need to do. DEBATE away!!!

But let's not forget that everyone (including me) is permitted their opinon/view, and by posting this, it allows everyone to see my view, and still debate those who choose to respond.

Life is good....:type:

3. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

Aren't you now debating about whether you are debating?

4. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I disagree with you that Obama needing any prompting from Bush to increase spending and drive up the deficit. That seems to be the default position of Democrats.

Well, there you go again. You say Bush was bad because he drove up spending by going to wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. But then you say Bush was great because he took on terrorist in their own backyards (Afghanistan and Iraq.) [​IMG]

5. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

You are correct, Obama knew how to spend money without learning from Bush. Obama took the deficit to new levels. I will guarantee you, we will see a new number in our lifetime called quadrillion. When I was young, the deficit was in the millions, then in my 20s and 30s, the billions. Now, almost sixty, we toss trillions around like play money. Mark my word, the next level up is quadrillion, and we will see it, if the Lord tarries.

That does not let Bush off the hook for his part in the deficit. For the time, he set a record. I will give Bush the Second credit for being better than McCain or Romney (so is my pet cat). Bush made his mistakes, one being his vice presidential choice, but his greatest achievement, a long lasting one, was his Supreme Court nominees.

George Bush also has character, absent from Romney. He has kept quiet and not pounded Obama from day one. Bush also had a genuine concern for individual members of the military. In fact, I will say the 2nd Bush was much better than the first.

I do not begrudge the money Bush spent on protecting this nation. The war in Iraq is another matter.

6. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    :sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep:

7. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He Was Great...

...no other person running for office in that era, could have handled the 9/11 incident with the skill and tact that Bush used. However, I believe he could have and should have ended those campaigns in Iraq and Afghanistan, much sooner than he did, which ran up unneeded expenses. And it was that spending that caused many to defect from his camp and the GOP camp in 2008.

As for Obama needing Bush to build his spending campaign off of, you are probably correct. The truth is, Obama didn't need any help signing those checks and passing debt laden legislation.

I still believe that Bush acted carelessly the last two years in office (spending on an unending war, unwinnable war). Maybe due to his lame-duck status. However, his disconnect with the people who sent him to DC, sent the majority of folks voting for an unknown liberal who should have remained in the role of community organizer and useless US Senator; perpetually running for office; any office; which he has mastered over the past ten years. :smilewinkgrin:

I appreciate your opinion and view, and can clearly see where you are coming from. I seem to have blown the concept of my post, as it is probably right that Obama didn't need a reason or an impetus to take us further into debt than any other POTUS ever took us into space.

#27 righteousdude2, Apr 5, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 5, 2012
  8. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

<pa deleted - LE>

#28 matt wade, Apr 6, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2012