1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Let's do it!

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by Phillip, Nov 2, 2004.

1. Phillip

Phillip <b>Moderator</b>

I'm going to join Dr. Bob and become one of (what I would guess) would be the few people who have read the KJV 1611.

If I remember correctly, Dr. Bob said it was a good experience. Now that I have one that I can read, who would like to join me on this "different" Bible study?

It might be interesting if several of us did it together and discussed parts of it.

Any other takers? [​IMG]

2. Phillip

Phillip <b>Moderator</b>

Did you read the apocrypha, as part of the experience of reading the entire translation, Dr. Bob?

What do you others think about that?

3. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Being a former KJVOer myself, I already have. Yes, it's a good esxperience. Then again, reading any good translation is a good experience.

4. Phillip

Phillip <b>Moderator</b>

Johnv, I know you have probably posted it, but why don't we start a thread for ex-KJVo to tell their testimony? I'll start it.

5. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Good idea. I've got to sign off for the night. The future Mrs Johnv and I have dinner plans at an elegant dining establishment, and today is the last day to use the Hometown buffet coupon! God bless y'all and God bless the election.

Until tomorrow, Johnv

6. Phillip

Phillip <b>Moderator</b>

I realize you will not read this until tomorrow, but thanks, the thread is already started. I wish you and the future Mrs Johnv a lovely evening. ;) (Enjoy the nice dinners while your not yet married--money seems to disappear afterwards--for whatever reason I cannot figure out.) :D

7. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Of course. It is not only in the AV1611, it is included in the daily "Scripture" reading guide that is part of the AV1611.

Biggest help was the great CHOICE OF WORDS that the translators put in the margin. They would say they chose one for the text but ___ or ___ could be used. It really gave insight.

I detest that later KJV editions eliminated those variations that showed depth of the text, and that these later revisions imply there is only ONE word, the one in the text. Marginal additions and helps were gone.

8. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

It's all about politics and image.