1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Let's get this out into the sunlight...

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by kyredneck, Dec 7, 2013.

1. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    My observation: Probably because he was continuously hot headed, was flooding the board and was always focused on personal attacks. He was patiently asked time and again to stick to the issues but turned everything personal and spitefully ignored the pleas. Honestly don't know why this should be surprising...

2. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

Yup. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

3. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    He specifically asked for that not to happen;'

4. Winman

Winman Active Member

1 Cor 15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

Not quite the same. I showed scripture that supports my view. Paul preached to the Corinthians how that Jesus died for "our sins" according to the scriptures. This refutes Limited Atonement.

This is honest debate, it is not mud-slinging. I was also careful to say that many Reformed reject Limited Atonement, which is perfectly true. So I did not accuse all Reformed of teaching another gospel.

But I sincerely do believe those who teach Limited Atonement are preaching another gospel that Paul did not preach.

This is not the same as calling someone a worm crawling in manure.

Look, I had NOTHING to do with The Biblicist being banned. He accused me of lying innumerable times, and of being a heretic, Pelagian, etc... and I NEVER complained.

In fact, I have NEVER complained once to the Mods about any person here calling me names, and they have done so probably hundreds of times.

5. Winman

Winman Active Member

Oh, and Iconoclast here has subtly questioned mine and many other non Calvinists salvation here hundreds of times, and that is no exaggeration. It is his favorite debate tactic.

6. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Winman...when you say you believe in another gospel and another God....you do it all by yourself.....

You deny the faith everyday...you recently posted about the 99 who need no repentance, about people without sin,and on and on.

#26 Iconoclast, Dec 7, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2013
  7. preacher4truth

You've done nothing he's accused you of and what he's accused us of is quite evident and not only does it go unchecked on BB it is actually defended. :thumbs:

8. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I see the thread in which Biblicist revealed that he is DR.walter has disappeared...interesting!!! No cover -up or anything...no..not at all.

9. preacher4truth

Yup! :wavey: :thumbsup:

10. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    3 The eyes of the Lord are in every place, beholding the evil and the good.

11. preacher4truth

Proverbs 11:1; 16:11; 20:23. :)

12. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yet, he took every attack on his position as personal and fired back directly at his opponent. This whole thread is personal and should have no business here on a theological discussion and debate board. I replied in support of the decision but knowing this concerns a person I shouldn't have taken part and I'm done...

13. Winman

Winman Active Member

There you go folks, Iconoclast just accused me of "denying the faith". This is par for the course for him, he has said things like this to me hundreds of times, and to many other non Calvinists as well.

And yes, I did recently post about 99 just persons which need no repentance. Do you know who said those words?? Jesus!

Luk 15:7 I say unto you, that likewise joy shall be in heaven over one sinner that repenteth, more than over ninety and nine just persons, which need no repentance.

Jesus said that men shall give account for every "idle" word that they speak.

Mat 12:36 But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.

Jesus did not say foolish or nonsensical things. It was Jesus who spoke of 99 just persons which need no repentance here in Luke 15. In Matthew 18 he repeated the same parable and spoke of 99 sheep which "went not astray", and in Luke 15 he spoke of the elder son who never transgressed his father's commandment "at any time".

I didn't say this, Jesus did. I simply believe it.

14. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    All sinned in Adam.....that is part of the faith once delivered to the saints...you deny it all the time...you even argued with Skan over it this week...nice try:laugh:

15. Winman

Winman Active Member

Now you are misquoting scripture. Nowhere do the scriptures ever say all sinned in Adam. You cannot show it.

The scriptures only use the term "in Adam" one time, look it up and see for yourself. It is used once in 1 Corinthians 15:22;

1 Cor 15:22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.

This is the only time the phase "in Adam" is used in the Bible. It does not say that all men sinned in Adam, and it does not say all men are "dead" in Adam, it says "in Adam all die" which is future tense.

This verse is not speaking of spiritual life, but if it were, it would refute Calvinism, because you must first be alive to die.

But this verse is not speaking of spiritual death, it is speaking of physical death only, the 15th chapter of 1 Corinthians is dealing with the resurrection of our physical bodies only.

I have told you this several times in the past, but you continue to misrepresent the word of God.

16. Winman

Winman Active Member

17. agedman

agedman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Winman, I need to check that I have your views correct.

You deny original sin - that all are born in sin, don't you?

You deny that reconciliation (the meaning of atonement) is limited so then all (meaning everyone that has ever lived or will live) are saved (going to heaven), don't you?

You claim that the Calvinistic thinking folks preach another gospel which is stating that they are preaching heretical views, don't you?

You claim that one can live without ever committing a sin or needing repentance based upon your understanding of Luke and other verses, don't you?

I just want to make sure that I haven't misunderstood your views.

18. Winman

Winman Active Member

double post

#38 Winman, Dec 7, 2013
  19. Winman

Winman Active Member

OK.

Yes, I deny that men are born guilty of Adam's sin (Eze 18:20)

I believe Jesus died for all men, but only those who believe on him are saved. I do not believe in Universalism whatsoever.

I believe that preaching Limited Atonement is another gospel. Paul preached that Jesus died for "our sins" according to the scriptures. Paul preached this to the Corinthians BEFORE they were saved, so "our sins" would apply to ALL men.

Well, a child that dies in the womb has not sinned, nor has a newborn or very young baby.

Yes and no. I do not believe God imputes sin to a child until he matures and understands right from wrong. Now, that child may have done wrong many times, but because he does not understand his actions, sin is not imputed to him and he is not a sinner. "Sinner" is a legal term like "felon".

For instance, a three year old might pick up his father's pistol and shoot his sister. Now, he has done something wrong, but no court would ever try to prosecute a child like this because he did not fully understand his actions. I believe God treats children the same way.

Now, as soon as a person matures and understands right from wrong, I believe absolutely 100% of these persons will willingly and knowingly sin. The one and only exception was Jesus Christ.

I simply do not believe that God imputes the sin of Adam or any other person to another person. God holds a man accountable for his own actions. I also do not believe God holds a person accountable until they mature and understand their sin and obligation before God.

However, once a person matures I believe ALL men will sin without exception.

As for Limited Atonement, I believe that is complete error. I believe Jesus is the Saviour of all men, but especially those that believe.

1 Tim 4:10 For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

This verse proves that Jesus died for all men, because it distinguishes between believers and non believers. It says Jesus is the Saviour of ALL MEN, but especially those that believe, proving that he is also the Saviour of those who do not believe, although only those that actually believe shall be saved.

I have given the analogy that I could buy every member at BB a ticket to the Super Bowl. I could post a thread that if any member here sends me their address, I will mail them two free tickets.

Those who believe me and send me their address will receive two free tickets.

Those who do not believe and do not send me their address will not receive two free tickets.

Does that mean I did not purchase tickets for all members? NO, I purchased ticket for all, but only those who believe receive the free gift.

Salvation is the same.

If Limited Atonement is true, then you have no way to know if Jesus died for you, and you have NOTHING to believe. You must have a promise to believe that promise.

If I did not promise everyone that I had bought them a ticket and would send it to them if they sent me their address, they would have no promise to believe, and no warrant to expect to receive free tickets.

Do you understand that?

#39 Winman, Dec 7, 2013
  20. Winman

Winman Active Member

That is pure falsehood and not taught anywhere in scripture. Nowhere do the scriptures say all sinned in Adam. I challenge you here and now to show that scripture.