1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Let's HANG Mel Gibson!

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by Phillip, Mar 10, 2004.

1. Phillip

Phillip <b>Moderator</b>

Wow, I agree with you butterfly, but you have crossed swords with some of the most stubborn people you will ever meet and because this is a virtual boxing ring for Baptists, you just landed a good punch and don't think they are going to fall down and not get back up. Welcome to the thread, but I do wish you luck. By the way, I'm behind you. Don't back down just because a few of these hard-heads think they are the spiritual voices for the Christian Kingdom. (Hmmmmm sounds like latter day prophets to me. Maybe I'm onto another subject to start......hehe)

Just look out and don't expect them to be nice to you. Everybody here "loves" all the time, they "LOVE to debate".
    [​IMG]
    Good luck and bless you! This is what I've been trying to tell them all along and I keep getting remarks like "Well, lets see another big disaster like 911 so we can lead even more to Christ.....and other such bologna like that." You hang in there and I'll back you up.
    [​IMG]

2. Phillip

Phillip <b>Moderator</b>

WHAT are you talking about? I'm not going to read this whole subject to find out, I don't have time. SO, if you refer to something would you PLEASE quote what you are going to discuss? I have NO idea what you are discussing here?

3. Spirit and Truth

Spirit and Truth New Member

Phillip:

WHAT are you talking about? I'm not going to read this whole subject to find out, I don't have time. SO, if you refer to something would you PLEASE quote what you are going to discuss? I have NO idea what you are discussing here?

S&T:

May I suggest that you open your Bible, and at some point, it will become very clear. ;)

4. Elijah

Elijah New Member

I have to agree with you whole heartedly. as a preacher friend of mine said, "Brother, you can preach that in my church anytime." [​IMG]

5. sharpSword

sharpSword Guest

Phillip&gt; WHAT are you talking about?

Here you go Phillip
    http://www.baptistboard.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php/topic/10/3790/2.html

"sharpSword: Your doing good, glad to have you here (in all seriousness). You will be sliced, diced and stomped on here, after all we're all good Christians. "

My response was here
    http://www.baptistboard.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php/topic/10/3790/3.html

Phillip you said "sharpSword: Your doing good, glad to have you here (in all seriousness). You will be sliced, diced and stomped on here, after all we're all good Christians. "

Well, thank you very much, Phillip. I did say I was new to the BB forum, not "new" to the use of the Sword.

Phillip yu said "....So, whether you are KJVO or a heathen like me, you are welcome to debate in the Bible translation section too where we also slice, dice and pickle. Have a great day and nice to meet you"

...."debate in the Bible translation section too where we also slice, dice and pickle."

That almost sounds like a kitchen class...Are there women there???

No, I don't think women belong in the kitchen. I meant the terms "slice, dice and pickle." But now that you mention it, that is what a "SharpSword" is for. Thanks for the welcome and the heads up. " end quote

Your statements were no different in intent than Spirit and Truths. The implications are the same. That is what I was referring to.

I was also referring to the many unanswered questions about Scriptural evaluation of the movie to the Word of God.

If one stands and says it is Scriptural or that it is true of Scripture, they should be able to take and analyze it factually and historically and know that it is indeed Scriptural Truth.

If the scenes and information in fact are derived from the demonically inspired writings via divination of emmerich and agreda etc, then we should be able to agree as to how God views that as a source of truth about Jesus Christ, by looking to His Word. That is how we grow and have "the mind of Christ." Do you agree?

6. vaspers

vaspers New Member

butterfly: welcome to America. This is the land founded on debate, not blind obedience to dictators, evangelical, communist, fascist , or any other type.

You believe The Passion is good evangelical tool.

Fine. I think it stinks and is not even Christian in any serious, biblical sense.

But...we may disagree about music...movies...food...etc.

Yet I'm sure we agree that Jesus is the Way the Truth and the Life.

You and I may disagree on Calvin, Finney, Emmerich, Swedenborg, Buddha, Spurgeon, Billy Graham, Derrida, Warhol, Mel Gibson, etc.....

...so what?

The debate here, even when heated, is comical!!!

I crank up the tunes of John Michael Talbot, The Prayer Chain, Starsailor, 4Him, Seeds, Wes King, Twila Paris, etc. and let the posts fly outta my fingers...

...debate sharpens thinking skills, so we can WITNESS more powerfully.

Only about 5% of web users post online content. The rest are LURKERS: timid, or shy, or peacefully quiet, or laughing so hard they can't post anything.

You just joined the vocal minority. Welcome.

Welcome, indeed!

[​IMG] [​IMG] :cool: [​IMG]

7. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Let's be careful not to attribute evil motives or lack of spirituality just because someone does not hold the same view on various issues.

Sometimes we must allow others to disagree . . but without being disagreeable, contending without being contentious!